Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twiglet12)
    Has anyone who did the TSA found out how they did?
    I did the TSA, but I have no idea if it's actually possible to find out our scores until we go (if we do, which hopefully we will ).

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who hand on heart doesn't feel clever enough to have an offer?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErrinR)
    Am I the only one who hand on heart doesn't feel clever enough to have an offer?

Not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy anyone ? or St Catz ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the STEP course in Easter too! Good to see that there are others and I look forward to meeting you all!

ReputationRep:
    Just got invited to the STEP easter school
    It's a bit strange considering they didn't invite me last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattyd951)
    I'm going to the STEP course in Easter too! Good to see that there are others and I look forward to meeting you all!

(Original post by ben-smith)
    Glad to hear it, see you both in April!

ReputationRep:
    I left my job in November "to focus on A levels".

I haven't done any more work since, and I just miss the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    I work a whopping two hours a week if that counts
    I know a few friends that have quit their jobs in the last couple of months in order to concentrate on their A2s, but that was mainly people who worked a lot of hours - i.e waitressing somewhere that wouldn't let them do less.
    Quite a few have kept it up but mostly just Saturday jobs and they seem to be managing
    (Original post by Natalie21)
    I work 10 hours one week and 4 hours the next. Have to admit I'd rather just focus on my studies right now, but the money is good!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DavidH20)
    I do around 20 hours a week across two jobs...I know I shouldn't, but I'm not currently finding the pressure too much March results day will tell all...

(Original post by knowledgecorruptz)
    Im working 17 hours a week but I only have 7 exams in June (only 5 of which actually matter), plus I'm tutoring so I guess I'm kinda learning while working too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by bb193)
    I'm a parent of 3 daughters, one at York Uni, one with an offer for Catz and a third doing GCSEs this year.

When our eldest said she wanted a part time job in sixth form, to get some money she could choose to spend, it did pose quite a dilemma. I'm afraid I think 6th form is such an important time, where it is best to keep the focus on studies. The payback is so much greater later on compared to the amount earned now. So we just negotiate a figure and pay that every month - not a huge amount, but the equivalent of about 4 hours a week at NMW. In addition, we tried (and have so far succeeded) to find summer work, preferably that was relevant to the chosen subject so it would look good on the CV, but would also offer a month or two at NMW, giving about £1,500 over the summer.

It is a difficult balance - it is good to have something on the CV - but studies are so important. We've made our choice - good luck with yours.

Thanks guys!! I think I'm gonna stick to my studies. I really want to get the grades so I guess I can hold off getting a part time job
    Anyone by any chance doing Education or got an offer form Homerton??

Good luck with exams, results, uni etc.. Hope you're all in Cambridge this time next year

ReputationRep:

Ditto!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    Who cares the reason? It's good preparation regardless.

See you there!

ReputationRep:
    Any Churchill offers for NatSci?

ReputationRep:

I'm still waiting for them to say they sent the offer to the wrong person...

ReputationRep:

When I read the comment below, way back on the 6th Jan, I thought it one of the most insightful comments I'd read:-

(Original post by johnttam)
    Does anyone feel like now they have their offer, their A*s feel further away than ever???
    Psychology is an amazing thing. Just hold your nerve, carry on believing and working hard.

I'm a parent who got an offer and went to Catz in '79, and now have a daughter holding an offer. In my experience self-doubt stays with you and can be a good thing - indeed, when you see it lacking that can be scary (remember Bush/Blair & Iraq?). It is true that all the people there are clever. But in general they are just normal, pleasant people who love their subject and work hard. Cambridge believe you are one of those people. They are not the easiest people to convince, but you did it. If they believe it, so should you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dddrozario)
    Any Churchill offers for NatSci?
    *waves hand about* over here! You Phys or Bioing it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eireann95)
    Hi

I was wondering if any one here had a part time job and whether they feel it's easy to balance with their work in terms of trying to meet their offer??

x
    I work one afternoon a week in a primary school (voluntary though so no pay boo!) and I find it okay to manage, probably depends on your subjects since I'm teaching French and that's what I applied for, plus languages don't need much study etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowdog94)
    I'm sure they view you as quite capable in that situation then, take it as a good sign. Sure you'll do fine! Besides STEP is mostly a personal task and help isn't that crucial in the end.
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    That's strange, they must either have some reason or it wasn't very organised. Which college do you have an offer for?
    I'd be happy to copy up any notes I make during the week that may be helpful I'm assuming we'll mostly be working through questions but they may give out some useful tips
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    We can only guess as to why there's the disparity. As has been said though, if there are any important tips/hints then those of us going will be sure that the rest of TSR has access to them. I get the impression that it will mostly be being guided through questions though, so you may not miss that much.
    Thanks for replying - I got an email yesterday offering me a place, so I must have been on the waiting list. See you all at Easter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecw412)
    Thanks for replying - I got an email yesterday offering me a place, so I must have been on the waiting list. See you all at Easter!
    Yay, I'm happy, we have quite a TSR group now! Have many of you started STEP III yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    *Infiltrates the Other Place* :ninja:
    Two can play at that game... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowdog94)
    Yay, I'm happy, we have quite a TSR group now! Have many of you started STEP III yet?
    Current STEP stats:

Spoiler:
    Show

STEP I - 144 Questions (103 Pure, 26 Mechanics, 15 Statistics)
    STEP II - 65 Questions (51 Pure, 10 Mechanics, 4 Statistics)
    STEP III - 74 Questions (64 Pure, 7 Mechanics, 3 Statistics)

These are off of 19 I papers, 9 II papers and 10 III papers, with an average questions per paper of 7.45.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.