I would cheat (Female)
    3.50%
    I wouldn't cheat (Female)
    38.00%
    I really don't know (Female)
    6.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clone93)
    Ah I should have added a "religious" option on the poll :/ Right okay taking a completely secular view then?
    Putting religious views to aside, it would just feel so wrong and the hurt it would cause, I hate making people upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No way would I ever cheat.

ReputationRep:
    If I wanted to cheat I wouldn't be with him.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I couldn't. As someone who found out after the break up of a four year relationship that I'd been cheated on - and that was just kisses and hickies, nothing too serious - I couldn't do that to another person. The guilt would eat me alive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clone93)
    Well I kind of think that a lot of men are voting how they think they should rather than there real thoughts and feelings. But the poll is anonymous there is no judgement here. So please refrain from insulting the women of this thread.
    Stop generalising.

ReputationRep:
    Even someone considering this shows that you do not fully love your partner!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Stop generalising.
    He's not generalising, he hedged. 'I kind of think that a lot of men' does not equal 'It's a fact that all men'.

Now go back to generalising about all women being ****s for some saying they might cheat and others not being sure.

ReputationRep:
    No. In a relationship, partners should be considerate towards one another.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes cheat. I'm quite fast at shuffling so I can flick an ace under the table without anyone noticing. And then I win the next hand no probz.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't cheat. If I was that unhappy I would just end the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Generalising - 'Make general or broad statements' Oh Like, I don't know... saying 'a lot of men are voting how they think they should rather than there real thoughts and feelings'. You really are a moron :rolleyes:

Implying an unquantifiable number such as 'a lot of' when indicating that it is your opinion, is not generalising.

'I think a lot of women with blonde hair dye it' is not generalising, it's stating an opinion that could be right for some people, not for others, or not at all. You are not saying 'All women with blonde hair dye it.' Go back to school.

Edit: I found the perfect statement to show you exactly what generalising looks like!

'Clearly, as shown so far, men are a lot more loyal than women. Sluts.' - Jordon_1, 2013.

Right, I'm bored of you now troll, ta ra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstudent321)
    Putting religious views to aside, it would just feel so wrong and the hurt it would cause, I hate making people upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It would cause no hurt as I previously mentioned, he would never find out.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, Christina Hendricks...

But, seriously, no. No. No. And also no.

'cause I happen to be rather fond of my girlfriend, oddly enough, and seeing as how, according to subsection 6 clause 42 of the Relationship Agreement, cheating dissolves our relationship.

But seriously, cheating ruins things. So no.

ReputationRep:
    God no! If I felt that I wanted to cheat then I'd know that being with them makes me unhappy. Cheating is horrible, how awful would you feel if you DID find out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillowSummers)
    Hmmm, Christina Hendricks...

But, seriously, no. No. No. And also no.

'cause I happen to be rather fond of my girlfriend, oddly enough, and seeing as how, according to subsection 6 clause 42 of the Relationship Agreement, cheating dissolves our relationship.

But seriously, cheating ruins things. So no.
    But that what I keep saying, it wouldn't dissolve the relationship because no one would ever find out ever. Now I'm not saying that makes it okay, I just want to see if it's the consequences rather than an "morality" that makes cheating "wrong" in peoples current opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesszilla)
    God no! If I felt that I wanted to cheat then I'd know that being with them makes me unhappy. Cheating is horrible, how awful would you feel if you DID find out!
    But what I'm saying is, would you cheat if they would never find out. You know as a fact that they will never, ever find out.

ReputationRep:
    No. In short.

On this whole "who's more trustworthy," Women are at the moment. I'm not sure what to say, but I'm not surprised.

As for the cheating, if I love someone enough to want to be with them, I would not then go and find someone else. It's not hard.

I don't tend to think with my penis, either.

ReputationRep:
    No, for the following reasons.

1. I'd care about the person I'm cheating on and thus cheating would hurt them (probably the worst thing you can do to a partner)
    2. I'd have to tell the person if I'd cheated and thus the relationship would be over.
    3. Sex with a stranger is generally **** anyway, and for the sake of some **** sex it seems stupid to risk good regular sex with your partner.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If I knew it wasn't working and the chance happened before I could speak to them, then yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
    No, for the following reasons.

1. I'd care about the person I'm cheating on and thus cheating would hurt them (probably the worst thing you can do to a partner)
    2. I'd have to tell the person if I'd cheated and thus the relationship would be over.
    3. Sex with a stranger is generally **** anyway, and for the sake of some **** sex it seems stupid to risk good regular sex with your partner.
    Why would you tell your partner? I'm not judging, just asking. As i've already stated they would never find out. There would be no consequences at all

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.