6.50%
    I would cheat (Female)
    3.50%
    I wouldn't cheat (Female)
    38.00%
    I really don't know (Female)
    6.00%

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surprised about how many people would actually cheat - and the amount that actually could consider. Will stick around in this thread to hear what TSRers say to justify their terrible actions. Unless you were in an open relationship I don't understand why exactly you'd do that

Those who have cheated in the past but won't cheat again aren't likely to be 100% truthful either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    I know you'll say that now. But given the opportunity, a lot of people probably would. People cheat for a lot less as it is.

Not saying that you specifically will but again, saying and doing are different things.
    Well to me that's a sad reflection on the reality of today in that few people are truly loyal to one another.

It would be SO EASY to cheat, in that of course you could go out to a club and just get with a random person. But then to me, it's also so easy just to...not do that. You know when you're leaving a situation whereby there would be an opportunity to cheat that you get to return to your partner and be happy.

Heh.

ReputationRep:
    No. I love my boyfriend to bits, respect him a lot and would not think of doing such thing.

When you cheat on your partner, you start suspecting him/her. Well, this comes from my own experience, maybe it's a different story with others.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I wouldn't!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    So many people are saying no and yet there is so much cheating that actually goes on. Either I've stumbled upon the last pocket of human goodness or you're not all being honest with yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    I would never cheat, I know what it feels like to be cheated on and I wouldn't wish that heartache on anyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd feel way too guilty. I don't want to be cheated on - so why should I cheat on them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet_Heart)
    No, I just couldn't face the guilt looking at his face all the time and knowing I betrayed him.
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. I couldn't stand knowing I'd betrayed my boyfriend like that. I try not to be judgemental of cheaters, as every situation is different, before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes, etc, but for me, cheating is definitely a sign that something has gone badly wrong in the relationship, and I know that with my boyfriend, if things got to that stage, where cheating became an option, I'd be getting out of there, so at least we both have our dignity and conscience intact.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.