The Student Room Group

What else can I do to revise chemistry?

I started really early so I already have my revision notes, mindmaps and have done most of the past papers twice as well as 20 or so past papers from the old spec so I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next now.

Doing past papers again just makes me bored because I'm probably not even understanding what the question says but because I've done it before, I've probably just remembered the markscheme so I'm not learning anything. I've got 1 & a half full days to revise chemistry and I want to spend them really effectively. Should I do the 9 official AQA past papers a third time? What else do you recommend? I really want to get an A so anything would be helpful

Reply 1
Original post by Magenta96
I started really early so I already have my revision notes, mindmaps and have done most of the past papers twice as well as 20 or so past papers from the old spec so I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next now.

Doing past papers again just makes me bored because I'm probably not even understanding what the question says but because I've done it before, I've probably just remembered the markscheme so I'm not learning anything. I've got 1 & a half full days to revise chemistry and I want to spend them really effectively. Should I do the 9 official AQA past papers a third time? What else do you recommend? I really want to get an A so anything would be helpful

If I were you I'd read back again once more over EVERYTHING you've done on it, including the notes, mindmaps etc and then maybe try and find some questions on the Internet? Or give your notes to a friend/ family member and get them to fire questions at you just to check you know it all well enough :smile: good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
here take a look at this... : )
you can see from this table, what to kinda expect....
You can practice by writing questions and the answers without the help of anyone, review some of the important questions and try to put an answers on papers.

Quick Reply

Latest