Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really hate sixth form.. what are my other options? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is kind of last resort and i'm really new to this haha.

I'm currently in year 12 but i really hate sixth form, it's really making me feel depressed, i don't really know how to explain it, so i'll tell a little story about myself.

I haven't really liked school, my schools so strict, and there's so many people i dislike (most of which have stayed on for sixth form), so for my a-levels i decided to move to another school in the hopes i would be happier. That didn't work out and it felt so strange, so i returned to my previous school 2 days after.
    For a while i was really happy to be back, my classes were great and i can honestly say i haven't felt as happy as i did then for ages.
    But then the novelty wore off, and i realised just how much i hated that school and the people there.
    I find it really hard to get along with people as i'm so shy, so everyone just kind of ignores me and it makes me feel insecure, like they don't like me, which sucks because i don't think i'm that bad.. i just don't know how to approach people.
    Anyway, i only really have one good friend at school, i talk to others in lessons, but i'd feel awkward hanging out with them. Everyones okay at school until i'm not with my friend, for example longer form times and if they have a day off.

Anyway, recently i've been feeling really stressed by school, and in these last 2 weeks especially i've felt that i haven't wanted to go back at all, i just dont have the courage to tell my mum about it, because i know she'll freak out.

I'm academic and got good GCSE grades, all my predicted as grades are b's for my 4 subjects, maths, english literature, economics and business studies.. I don't want to go to university, just to make that clear
    For this reason i don't want to drop out, but it's making me feel so unhappy, like to the point i feel depressed, extreme, i know.

What other options are there?

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Well there is different, different sixth forms/college or apprenticeships or a full time job. Apart from that I can't really think of anything other than sticking to it and toughing it out sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Unemployment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    have a talk with some of your teachers perhaps :dontknow:

most of them are more than willing to offer advice and help from my experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    have a talk with some of your teachers perhaps :dontknow:

most of them are more than willing to offer advice and help from my experience
    I agree.
    Id stick it out until the end of the year. Then in september go to college to do a course you would enjoy (or carry on with your A-levels there if you want to and its possible). Or you could also get an apprentiship somewhere. Or even get a job (maybe with training).

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 years old and I am doing a third year in sixth form. I really want to drop out now as i hate it so much. How do I drop out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.