Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent my ucas application off in the middle of December. Is it strange that I havent had a single reply yet? Would they reply 'rejected' if it was a no or would they just leave it? When will I definitely hear something by?

Worrying

ReputationRep:
    Chill. They've all been off on their Christmas breaks. It usually takes 4 - 6 weeks minimum so I wouldn't expect anything (except acknowledgements) until at least the end of the month.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiechilds)
    I sent my ucas application off in the middle of December. Is it strange that I havent had a single reply yet? Would they reply 'rejected' if it was a no or would they just leave it? When will I definitely hear something by?

Worrying
    Plenty of universities don't give offers until after the January 15th deadline has passed. And it is not uncommon to go two or three months without hearing back from a university, even if you apply in October. There's nothing to worry about. If they had decided already they would have let you know - i don't think they sit around tormenting people by not replying for the fun of it!

I think the universities are supposed to aim for mid-April for offers, bit if I remember right, that's not a solid deadline.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Unis are advised to reply by March 31st, but really have until May. So having no offers by now is nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I've not had any offers either! I'm a really impatient person so all this waiting is horrible!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou guys feeling more relaxed now xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine on the 24th of october still no offers

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine middle of December and haven't heard anything either
    Lots of people in my class are getting interview dates- I'm slightly worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They have a few weeks off for Christmas, so they've not actually had long at all. Last year, I didn't get an offer until a couple of months after I sent my application off, and all I have so far this year is an unconditional from somewhere that wants the grades I already have.

It'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this. Ha. I made a similar thread.

Quite a few of us in the same position.
    I feel less worried now! :cool:

ReputationRep:

Worrying
    the unis will only have had one working week to look at your application if that was the case, give them a chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweaty Tramp)
    I sent mine on the 24th of october still no offers
    Eww you sweaty sketty tramp :cheeky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    Eww you sweaty sketty tramp :cheeky:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    My teacher always told me - no news is good news Because at least it means your application is still in consideration, you moved into the next batch of applicants and you've not been rejected.

So chill out - they'll come when they come. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for UWE today!!!! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmieJ)
    I sent mine middle of December and haven't heard anything either
    Lots of people in my class are getting interview dates- I'm slightly worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you'll get an offer/ interview pretty soon. Normally it depends on what uni's and what course you've applied to.

- I've applied to med and still haven't heard anything!

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off early november, and it's for law so I'm even more worried!

ReputationRep:
    You have no reason to worry! They will get back to you with whatever decision they make, whether that be an offer or a rejection! They have until May to make their decision

What are you applying for and where? If you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    You have no reason to worry! They will get back to you with whatever decision they make, whether that be an offer or a rejection! They have until May to make their decision

What are you applying for and where? If you don't mind me asking
    I've applied for Primary Education at St Mary's Twickenham, Plymouth, Winchester and Hull and then also Education and Social Science at Sg Mary's Twickenham aswell as my insurance

What about yourself? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Worrying
    If it makes you feel any better, my application was sent on 21st September and I still have no offers -_- but then Medicine is a bit of a weird one with it's timings xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.