Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever cried to science? If theists can cry over the beauty of their holy book, I don't see why scientists can't cry over the beauty of science! right?!

I remember sulking when I saw how discretely the Fibonacci numbers describe the bees ancestry code :cry2: Tbf, I did have this playing in the background:

Spoiler:
    Show

EDIT: skip to 5:30

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Feline posts that are supposed to represent human expression and emotion are just as irritating as absurd threads such as this.

Come at me cat loving population of the internet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    Feline posts that are supposed to represent human expression and emotion are just as irritating as absurd threads such as this.

I thought that seeing as this was such an absurd thread, it required an annoying response!

ReputationRep:
    What is equally irritating is somebody's cliched use of 'come at me' which seems to be said every 5 seconds on this forum
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

What's your problem with cats? they're awesome - arrogant *******s who do whatever the hell they want. I'd love to be a cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    I thought that seeing as this was such an absurd thread, it required an annoying response!
    Please pinpoint why this thread is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    While I haven't cried over science, the sheer beauty and complexity of certainly fills me with a sense of profound awe at times.

Well, actually, I have cried over nature which I suppose is linked to science :P

Annnd I realize how lame this post is, but icd :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    What is equally irritating is somebody's cliched use of 'come at me' which seems to be said every 5 seconds on this forum

ReputationRep:
    Lol this did make me laugh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    Lol this did make me laugh :lol:
    It'll be removed by a mod shortly.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i don't see why - ***** isn't caught by the swear filter, so that doesn't really break any rules, particularly given we're in the spam area of the forum.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    When I found the dark biological truth behind Finding Nemo.

How all clown fish are born male, with one female for the school, and if the female dies the first available male fish who isnt the alpha male has to change their gender and keep reproducing.

Hence why it was so important for Nemo to be found again.

And Pixar claim they did thorough research into marine life for the film, so you can't blame this on ignorance. Fraction of childhood ruined

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few wow moments.

Extra dimensions are pretty cool, as is quantum theory and some elements of genetics.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.