Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The are you a narcissist test? Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you score?
    <12
    46.69%
    4.88%
    5.23%
    4.88%
    4.53%
    5.23%
    3.83%
    2.79%
    2.09%
    2.09%
    2.44%
    2.79%
    2.44%
    1.05%
    >26
    9.06%

ReputationRep:
    http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm

I saw a bbc article today about this and it quite interested me..
    I hit 19, which i'm happy about, I believe a person needs some form of self confidence, however too much is a bit of a hindrance in social circles..

My girlfriend was surprised at how low mine was, but I think she's just exaggerating :P

I found it funny how I scored more than celebs, and how they offered me help, which I politely turned down :P I don't think there's so much wrong with narcism that I should seek help! crazy..

The article I read said the average was about 15, celebs get 18 and narcissistic is 20+ sorry I wish I knew before so I could've put it in the poll :/

What did you guys get? and what do you think about being narcissistic?

ReputationRep:
    I got 1 I think the term 'narcissistic' has a generally negative connotation, but I wish I was more self-confident and assertive.

ReputationRep:
    I got 6, I was expecting to get higher though but I'm not particularly confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgasm19)
    I got 1 I think the term 'narcissistic' has a generally negative connotation, but I wish I was more self-confident and assertive.
    1?! wow, I didn't think it went that low I wish I put it in the poll. The article I read said the average was about 15, celebs get 18 and narcissistic is 20+ sorry..

But yeah you should be more self confident, I'm sure you're awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    I got 6, I was expecting to get higher though but I'm not particularly confident.
    damn. Is there anyway to edit a poll?! …

some of the questions were a bit could be both, not exclusive, and if that was the case clicking the other may just lower the score significantly.. hmm I don't know.. (this was more me thinking out loud than a reply sorry..)

ReputationRep:
    30. I win
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    16 XD High on authority, entitlement and self suffiency. My oh my.

ReputationRep:
    I got 12-15...with exploitive being my biggest score. I can't help but agree..lol wow

ReputationRep:

I know I'm a narcissist, I'm going to the doctors anyway to see them about my mental health.

ReputationRep:
    32... then again the reasons i put an answer which would have given me a point were generally selfish :/

ReputationRep:
    2. The quiz was terrible though, only two options for each row, I'd probably score higher if there were options to more accurately describe how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    That was a load of tosh.

I got 12 overall which is practically normal yet I got a 0 for self-sufficiency Couldn't be further from the truth that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil1093)
    damn. Is there anyway to edit a poll?! …

some of the questions were a bit could be both, not exclusive, and if that was the case clicking the other may just lower the score significantly.. hmm I don't know.. (this was more me thinking out loud than a reply sorry..)
    I don't know, I've never made a poll before. You could just put in the edit box that you didn't realise the results could go so low so you didn't accommodate for it.

Authority was my highest one so for most I had no points.
    Yeah, I think that could be the case. Some of the questions were really similar on there as well.

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did i get 25??!??!?!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I got 30, Scored quite high on Authority and Superiority, but tbh it does sound right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    How the hell did i get 25??!??!?!

Because you're an "Exalted and Worshipped Member"
    Such titles would inflate my ego also!

I scored 12. My highest was authority and I did meh in the rest and scored zero on vanity.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    34... to be honest I was kind of expecting that; I used to have really low self-esteem and then something clicked and now I'm really carefree and happy- I'm high on life D

ReputationRep:
    11, get 0 on vanity. Haha

ReputationRep:
    I got 23, high on 'exploitativeness' and 'self-sufficiency.'

Well, ****.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.