Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im just finishing my first year at Uni, studying environmental management and sustainability. I'd love to be able to do some work experience over the summer as i finish in march with the aim of hopefully making my CV look abit better...

Anyway if anyone knows anywhere where i could apply to do voluntary work related even slightly to science or management or anything of the sort within the kent and sussex area your knowledge would be gracefully appreciated!!

thanks everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Google some terms like 'environment' or 'conservation' and the names of specific towns/counties - the search results should give you some organisations to email or write to with a copy of your CV (make the letter brief and to the point, and state the specific dates you are available, the sort of job you want and whether you are prepared to volunteer or you expect a wage). Be prepared to write 50 letters/emails and only get a few replies, and keep asking.

Here is just one suggestion : http://jobs.wwt.org.uk/vacancies/
    And a generally useful website : http://www.greenchoices.org/work-mon...tings-agencies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza92)
    Im just finishing my first year at Uni, studying environmental management and sustainability. I'd love to be able to do some work experience over the summer as i finish in march with the aim of hopefully making my CV look abit better...

Anyway if anyone knows anywhere where i could apply to do voluntary work related even slightly to science or management or anything of the sort within the kent and sussex area your knowledge would be gracefully appreciated!!

thanks everyone!!
    How did the search go? I'm thinking about doing the same thing for next year. How difficult was finding a placement/what do you do when you're there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.