I also got an A (the highest in my year, apparantly) with 74 / 80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neon-Soldier32)
    I also got an A (the highest in my year, apparantly) with 74 / 80
    Congrats man, I got 72/80. Hehe, >:3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangatardallys)
    Congrats man, I got 72/80. Hehe, >:3
    Thanks very much. I was dissatisfied with that, however, as it was a mere 48 marks whereas on the past exams I got 56 minimum.

I'm not sure if it's the same at any of your establishments but people who attained poorly seemed to blame their shortcomings on applying their knowledge to the situation - you've learn the hard bit (the theory) it's simple to say, 'I would tell me brother' for a the extra mark!

As I'm a year 14 student this exam means that I now have my A overall for A-level psychology so I don't have to do Unit 2 (thankfully!). Now, I just need to get an A and a B in my other two subjects in order for me to get into university to study psychology for the next 3 (hopefully 6) years!

Also, after some snooping around I got the mark scheme and question paper. I'll attach the MS (it has the questions in it.)
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf6PS01_01_que_20130110.pdf (303.5 KB, 173 views)
  2. File Type: pdf6PS01_01_rms_20130307.pdf (166.2 KB, 1432 views)

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, I wish you luck in gaining the grades you need for university. I'm a year 13, so that was a resit for me, after attaining a high B first time round. My A means I now have an A overall for AS; it's full steam ahead for my A2 exams this summer.

Yes, I think the questions that you had to apply theory and concepts to particular scenarios put the weaker candidates off. However, we were warned by our teacher before the exam that Edexcel were shifting their phrasing of questions to that kind of style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangatardallys)
    Awesome, I wish you luck in gaining the grades you need for university. I'm a year 13, so that was a resit for me, after attaining a high B first time round. My A means I now have an A overall for AS; it's full steam ahead for my A2 exams this summer.

Yes, I think the questions that you had to apply theory and concepts to particular scenarios put the weaker candidates off. However, we were warned by our teacher before the exam that Edexcel were shifting their phrasing of questions to that kind of style.
    Well good luck with Unit 4. My advice would be to make sure you know your two illnesses equally and make sure you know all of the diagnostic stuff; issues with it etc. For the issues bit, practise the essays and perfect them and remember to balance your argument. If you need the ethical guidelines summarising look at last year's paper. I got 110/120 on it - it's a hard paper to do well on, but it's a very interesting area.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing edexcel unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chikalah)
    Anyone doing edexcel unit 2?
    That exam is a nightmare,good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just looking at my Unit 1 Psychology A results. In January I got 72 (this is what it says on my exam result sheet)

I'm being confused by the grade boundaries, as I'm unsure whether I got 72 raw marks or 72%. I got a B, and was wondering whether it's a high or low B.

grade boundaries: http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...OUND-JAN13.PDF

Cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.