The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Psychology Applicants (2013 Entry)

There are no current threads for this and I can't seem to find anyone applying and/or wanting to do Psychology BSc (Hons) at Durham University. Hoping that the rarity of applicants will find this and I won't be attending Durham (regarding I get an offer) by myself haha :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry, I applied too! I got an offer in early Dec - AAA :biggrin: so happy! What college did you apply for?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by ginaaitchison12
Don't worry, I applied too! I got an offer in early Dec - AAA :biggrin: so happy! What college did you apply for?

Not alone at last :biggrin: Lucky you! I'm worried because I sent my application pretty early but I still don't have a reply. This doesn't look too good. But I applied to Grey College, how about yourself?
Reply 3
hey!
I applied on the 14th October and still have heard NOTHING from main campus, although I also applied to Stockton and got an offer for the applied course there... Do you know when Durham actually send things out? A friend of mine didn't hear until FEBRUARY last year! Ridiculous!!
Original post by jojee_g
hey!
I applied on the 14th October and still have heard NOTHING from main campus, although I also applied to Stockton and got an offer for the applied course there... Do you know when Durham actually send things out? A friend of mine didn't hear until FEBRUARY last year! Ridiculous!!

Hello :biggrin: I wouldn't worry as my ucas form was sent to them by the 4th of October and I've heard nothing yet either (except the delightful Christmas email and the acknowledgement email). February? If I have to wait until then I will actually die right now, I thought my three month wait already was long enough. Is it your firm if you receive an offer? :smile:
Original post by emilypsychology
Not alone at last :biggrin: Lucky you! I'm worried because I sent my application pretty early but I still don't have a reply. This doesn't look too good. But I applied to Grey College, how about yourself?

I sent mine on the 29th September, so a couple of days before you. Don't worry, I don't think they've given out many offers yet! I got my offer fro, Sheffield way after everyone else and I was massively panicking about that. I applied to Grey as well :smile:
I sent mine on the 29th September, so a couple of days before you. Don't worry, I don't think they've given out many offers yet! I got my offer fro, Sheffield way after everyone else and I was massively panicking about that. I applied to Grey as well :smile:

Well congratulations on your offer anyway :smile: Psychology and Grey? Clearly you have good taste! Have you had a chance to visit yet? I'm finding many people applying to Durham haven't. I've been to two open days already, just love it. Oh and when did you get a Sheffield offer? I got one on the 23rd of October, I wasn't too hyped because I haven't visited :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Hello :biggrin: I wouldn't worry as my ucas form was sent to them by the 4th of October and I've heard nothing yet either (except the delightful Christmas email and the acknowledgement email). February? If I have to wait until then I will actually die right now, I thought my three month wait already was long enough. Is it your firm if you receive an offer? :smile:

I've been put into the Cambridge winter pool, but I'm expecting a rejection, so other than that YES Durham is my favourite! My best friend is there too so that helps hahaha. I hope they haven't forgotten about me... I've got the offer from Stockton campus already, hurry up main!!
Well congratulations on your offer anyway :smile: Psychology and Grey? Clearly you have good taste! Have you had a chance to visit yet? I'm finding many people applying to Durham haven't. I've been to two open days already, just love it. Oh and when did you get a Sheffield offer? I got one on the 23rd of October, I wasn't too hyped because I haven't visited :rolleyes:

Thank you :smile: I haven't, it's pretty far away from where I live but I'm planning to go to the offer holder open day thing where you stay overnight. I didn't get Sheffield until the 20th of Dec or something! It was terrifying! I've visited Sheffield, I really like it. Is Durham gonna be your first choice do you think?
Original post by jojee_g
I've been put into the Cambridge winter pool, but I'm expecting a rejection, so other than that YES Durham is my favourite! My best friend is there too so that helps hahaha. I hope they haven't forgotten about me... I've got the offer from Stockton campus already, hurry up main!!

Oh no, at least there's hope still :smile: They best not have otherwise that means they've probably forgot about me too :P they are just notorious for being slow in dishing out offers. Have you applied to any particular college ?
Thank you :smile: I haven't, it's pretty far away from where I live but I'm planning to go to the offer holder open day thing where you stay overnight. I didn't get Sheffield until the 20th of Dec or something! It was terrifying! I've visited Sheffield, I really like it. Is Durham gonna be your first choice do you think?

Oh good :smile: and that's really late with Sheffield, why one earth would they keep you waiting that long, you applied before me! I am going to attend a Sheffield offer holder open day before I make any of my decisions, it's the only university left to attend but yes I am swaying towards Durham at the moment and Nottingham being my insurance so far. But we'll see after I go to an open day :smile:
Reply 11
Just thought I'd jump in and say that I've applied to Durham for Psychology too so I feel your pain with the waiting!
Original post by hlangshaw1
Just thought I'd jump in and say that I've applied to Durham for Psychology too so I feel your pain with the waiting!

It's agonising! Have you picked any particular college? :smile:
Reply 13
It's agonising! Have you picked any particular college? :smile:

Yeah I chose Trevelyan, although I wouldn't be massively upset if I was put in another college or anything :smile: would you potentially firm Durham then?
Yeah I chose Trevelyan, although I wouldn't be massively upset if I was put in another college or anything :smile: would you potentially firm Durham then?

It's looking more than likely, where are you potentially firming? :smile: However, I'm slightly regretting I never looked at universities with placements now but I never knew they existed for psychology until a month ago. I know they do for Law. It seems degree courses with placements are the things employers want and regard most according to my psychology lecturer :frown:
Reply 15
It's looking more than likely, where are you potentially firming? :smile: However, I'm slightly regretting I never looked at universities with placements now but I never knew they existed for psychology until a month ago. I know they do for Law. It seems degree courses with placements are the things employers want and regard most according to my psychology lecturer :frown:

Aw that's exciting :smile: I really don't know to be honest! With the offers I've currently got, Cardiff. However if I get offers from Durham or Bath I don't know. It's funny you should say that because although I love love love Durham I think I would turn it down in favour or Bath/Cardiff because of their placements...
Aw that's exciting :smile: I really don't know to be honest! With the offers I've currently got, Cardiff. However if I get offers from Durham or Bath I don't know. It's funny you should say that because although I love love love Durham I think I would turn it down in favour or Bath/Cardiff because of their placements...

I can see why you would, Cardiff is excellent for psychology and hang on, I didn't know they did a placement - since when? I remember back in September debating whether to apply but I don't recall seeing a placement, oh well :smile: I guess when picking a university it has to be the one you get the nicest feeling about when visiting which I got from Durham and Nottingham but not the rest.
Reply 17
Hello everyone! I've applied to Durham to do psychology (as of last night, ha left it to the last minute) and I'm dreading this wait, I have a feeling I'm gonna be waiting months for this! I've applied to Hatfield - I love the idea of being in a traditional style college and didn't want to apply for University College as it seems popular and if I didn't get in I didn't want to be put in a random college. But hey offers come first, as long as I get a Durham offer I'll be soooo happy!
Reply 18
I can see why you would, Cardiff is excellent for psychology and hang on, I didn't know they did a placement - since when? I remember back in September debating whether to apply but I don't recall seeing a placement, oh well :smile: I guess when picking a university it has to be the one you get the nicest feeling about when visiting which I got from Durham and Nottingham but not the rest.

Well it's technically a separate course - Psychology with Professional Placement - but I hear when you get there it's pretty interchangeable. Where else did you apply?
Original post by laauurraa
Hello everyone! I've applied to Durham to do psychology (as of last night, ha left it to the last minute) and I'm dreading this wait, I have a feeling I'm gonna be waiting months for this! I've applied to Hatfield - I love the idea of being in a traditional style college and didn't want to apply for University College as it seems popular and if I didn't get in I didn't want to be put in a random college. But hey offers come first, as long as I get a Durham offer I'll be soooo happy!

I'm taking that attitude, I don't even care if I'm the last to get a reply, just if I get an offer I'll be pleased :3

Well it's technically a separate course - Psychology with Professional Placement - but I hear when you get there it's pretty interchangeable. Where else did you apply?

I see :smile: I applied to Durham, Nottingham, Sheffield, York and Sunderland. I think Sunderland and York were a waste of university places, I didn't enjoy York's open day and Sunderland has a really nice department but is just too low being 260 points, but it's my hometown's university so yeah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest