Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm in year 11 and am retaking my core science GCSE from year 10 in January. Reason for this is because I did foundation and got 2c's in the exams and an e in my ISA (tragic I know). My school let me retake the ISA but apparently due to new AQA rules I have to retake an exam with it, which will be on the 9th on January. Its a higher paper and I'm not to confident at all despite the revision I've done. I was wondering, since apparently exam boards take the best result, if I was to flunk this exam (not purposely) would AQA keep my 2c's from the previous exams and just add my new ISA result which am pretty sure I did a lot better in? Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicko_)
    Hi there, I'm in year 11 and am retaking my core science GCSE from year 10 in January. Reason for this is because I did foundation and got 2c's in the exams and an e in my ISA (tragic I know). My school let me retake the ISA but apparently due to new AQA rules I have to retake an exam with it, which will be on the 9th on January. Its a higher paper and I'm not to confident at all despite the revision I've done. I was wondering, since apparently exam boards take the best result, if I was to flunk this exam (not purposely) would AQA keep my 2c's from the previous exams and just add my new ISA result which am pretty sure I did a lot better in? Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.
    I wish i could retake my ISA only, i got a D and despite the fact that i retook biology earlier on noooo its not like that counts for anything, you gotta retake something else to count towards your 2 do overs :/ could you tell me what exam you're retaking? is it chemistry by any chance?

As for your question, i think they'd probably take the 0/100 ums result xD

ReputationRep:
    I can't really help you with your certain exam board (Sorry.) I do wish you ver good lucky with your retake though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicko_)

Thanks in advance.
    In order to be able to get a new grade you have to take 40% of the GCSE at the same time. Each of the 3* exams is 25%, as is the ISA. This means that in order to get a new grade you need to re-sit the ISA plus one other unit and both of these results have to count in the new calculated grade so whatever you get in the new exam (including 0 if you just don't turn up) is what will be used to calculate the final grade.

* You only mention 2 exams. What happened to the other one?

ReputationRep:
    Wow lol sorry I guess am a couple months late thanks for your posts I got B in the exam and an A in the ISA giving me an overall B in my core science cheers everyone and good luck if you have for your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.