Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Leicester offers a range of courses in Biological Sciences and I was wondering if all of those courses offer the Medicine transfer or is it only particular ones, such as medical physiology?

Also would anyone happen to know if a Medicine-based personal statement would be acceptable for application for their Biological Science courses?

I've emailed them about this but I'm still waiting on a reply so I figured I'd give TSR a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renn)
    Leicester offers a range of courses in Biological Sciences and I was wondering if all of those courses offer the Medicine transfer or is it only particular ones, such as medical physiology?

Also would anyone happen to know if a Medicine-based personal statement would be acceptable for application for their Biological Science courses?

I've emailed them about this but I'm still waiting on a reply so I figured I'd give TSR a go
    I applied for Medicine at Leicester but was unsuccessful, however I was offered the chance to put my application forward for another undergraduate course at the university. So I applied to Medical physiology instead and received an offer of AAB within five days. So I'm guessing that there's no problem in having a Medicine based personal statement as mine was one and I still got an offer.

As for the transfer into Medicine I've heard it is possible but extremely unlikely. There are only like 5 places for transfer students from Biological Science courses and even then admission tutors will use any excuse not to accept you. Alongside getting around 80%+ in exams you need to show an ongoing commitment to Medicine, work experience gained and used in your first personal statement is not enough.

Sorry for the long post

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.