Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

GOT MY RESULTS!!! anyone else want the floor 2 open up and swallow them?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just got my AS module exam result for Law
    I GOT AN E!!!!
    cant believe it, estimated an A!!! how the hell dus that happen!?!?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lacey)
    I GOT AN E!!!!
    Can't you resit it?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Was it OCR law unit 4? if so you're not alone: http://www.uk-learning.net/t31512.html

ReputationRep:
    Yea it was soooo werid this year... 2 ppl from our history class all had bout 80% for their mocks and were predicted As (Me thinks) and their they all get Cs, and this other guy who got 86% in this physics mock gets and E (42%)!

Any1 else had similar experiances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bOdOING2)
    Yea it was soooo werid this year... 2 ppl from our history class all had bout 80% for their mocks and were predicted As (Me thinks) and their they all get Cs, and this other guy who got 86% in this physics mock gets and E (42%)!

Any1 else had similar experiances?
    I got a B in AQA business studies module 4 and this was the highest in the class, this compares to last year where 30% of the class got A's and 3 of us ended up with over 290/300. I dont know whether this is the marking, i know ideserved a B, i screwed up the exam but i thought some people would be dead cert A's.

ReputationRep:
    the whole system is a joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    the whole system is a joke
    welcome to britain. the emergency exits are here, here and- ! *is trampled by crowd*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lacey)
    I GOT AN E!!!!
    Don't worry, the first time I took a law codule I got a C and my two friends got D, E.

I now however have A at A Level.

You just have to study how the examiners want the questions answered.

the whole exam system is a complete **** up
    i killed my physics and computing exams getting high grades and i got a ****ing U IN BUSINESS STUDIES
    ITS A COMPELTE WHORE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa12)
    i killed my physics and computing exams getting high grades and i got a ****ing U IN BUSINESS STUDIES
    ITS A COMPELTE WHORE
    wot is wrong with it? seems fine to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    wot is wrong with it? seems fine to me.
    hehe - i wonder why

well done btw!!!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    ITS A COMPELTE WHORE
    Maybe the examiner objected to your use of language?

ReputationRep:
    ITS A COMPELTE WHORE
    I got a U in Business too!

lol its ******** seriously the whole thing is a JOKE, i thought i did best in my business studies module as i got a string of a's pretty much at gcse with a few b's so i know what to expect

my chemistry, physics, computing as grades were high but the ****ing U threw me back completely
    it was 3 marks from an E

(Original post by ]{ingnik)
    welcome to britain. the emergency exits are here, here and- ! *is trampled by crowd*
    lol..

ReputationRep:
    it amazes me how wierd some of teh amrking can be. I ended up resiting one of my AS history modules 3 times. For this we saw the questions 2 weeks in advance and had time to prepare. We then had to write up 2 essays in exam conditions and could bring in a page of notes. I was so so preapred and i thought i had done really well (also we got copys of last years where they had all got vitually full marks and our essays were of a similar standard etc. Once i had done the exam i assumed i had an A.... nope i had a really low D. Then when i resat it i was agian really really preapred, my teacher had spent time with me after school and he had virtually written half of it. Again I assumed this time i would have improved but still i had a really low D. This was really starting to piss me off as i was about 2 marks of an A overal and this paper was pulling ym grade down. Then I resat it again and this time i couldn't be arsed, did barely any preapration and wrote a piss poor essay. This time when my resluts came back i had somehow got an A...... makes me wonder if they ever actually bothered to read my exam papers.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Good point. In my topic I raised an issue similar but more race orientated. I think most examiners who give bad grades are total ******s.

ReputationRep:
    I did totally crap in my exams
    D in chemistry
    E in biology

I'm totally pissed off, i'm thinking of retaking Bio only, i don't think i'll do well if i retake both again on top of all my other subjects. What do you think i should do, also i gotta pay £20 for retaking

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.