GOT MY RESULTS!!! anyone else want the floor 2 open up and swallow them?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
lacey
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I just got my AS module exam result for Law
I GOT AN E!!!!
cant believe it, estimated an A!!! how the hell dus that happen!?!?!?!?!?!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lacey)
I GOT AN E!!!!
Can't you resit it?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was it OCR law unit 4? if so you're not alone: http://www.uk-learning.net/t31512.html
bOdOING2
Report 14 years ago
Yea it was soooo werid this year... 2 ppl from our history class all had bout 80% for their mocks and were predicted As (Me thinks) and their they all get Cs, and this other guy who got 86% in this physics mock gets and E (42%)!

Any1 else had similar experiances?
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bOdOING2)
Yea it was soooo werid this year... 2 ppl from our history class all had bout 80% for their mocks and were predicted As (Me thinks) and their they all get Cs, and this other guy who got 86% in this physics mock gets and E (42%)!

Any1 else had similar experiances?
I got a B in AQA business studies module 4 and this was the highest in the class, this compares to last year where 30% of the class got A's and 3 of us ended up with over 290/300. I dont know whether this is the marking, i know ideserved a B, i screwed up the exam but i thought some people would be dead cert A's.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the whole system is a joke
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
the whole system is a joke
welcome to britain. the emergency exits are here, here and- ! *is trampled by crowd*
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lacey)
I GOT AN E!!!!
Don't worry, the first time I took a law codule I got a C and my two friends got D, E.

I now however have A at A Level.

You just have to study how the examiners want the questions answered.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
the whole exam system is a complete **** up
i killed my physics and computing exams getting high grades and i got a ****ing U IN BUSINESS STUDIES
ITS A COMPELTE WHORE
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DazYa12)
i killed my physics and computing exams getting high grades and i got a ****ing U IN BUSINESS STUDIES
ITS A COMPELTE WHORE
wot is wrong with it? seems fine to me.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
wot is wrong with it? seems fine to me.
hehe - i wonder why

well done btw!!!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ITS A COMPELTE WHORE
Maybe the examiner objected to your use of language?
^mjg^
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ITS A COMPELTE WHORE
I got a U in Business too!
DazYa
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
lol its ******** seriously the whole thing is a JOKE, i thought i did best in my business studies module as i got a string of a's pretty much at gcse with a few b's so i know what to expect

my chemistry, physics, computing as grades were high but the ****ing U threw me back completely
it was 3 marks from an E
DazYa
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
welcome to britain. the emergency exits are here, here and- ! *is trampled by crowd*
lol..
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it amazes me how wierd some of teh amrking can be. I ended up resiting one of my AS history modules 3 times. For this we saw the questions 2 weeks in advance and had time to prepare. We then had to write up 2 essays in exam conditions and could bring in a page of notes. I was so so preapred and i thought i had done really well (also we got copys of last years where they had all got vitually full marks and our essays were of a similar standard etc. Once i had done the exam i assumed i had an A.... nope i had a really low D. Then when i resat it i was agian really really preapred, my teacher had spent time with me after school and he had virtually written half of it. Again I assumed this time i would have improved but still i had a really low D. This was really starting to piss me off as i was about 2 marks of an A overal and this paper was pulling ym grade down. Then I resat it again and this time i couldn't be arsed, did barely any preapration and wrote a piss poor essay. This time when my resluts came back i had somehow got an A...... makes me wonder if they ever actually bothered to read my exam papers.
Emma2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
^ Good point. In my topic I raised an issue similar but more race orientated. I think most examiners who give bad grades are total ******s.
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did totally crap in my exams
D in chemistry
E in biology

I'm totally pissed off, i'm thinking of retaking Bio only, i don't think i'll do well if i retake both again on top of all my other subjects. What do you think i should do, also i gotta pay £20 for retaking
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (113)
94.96%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (6)
5.04%

Watched Threads