Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to apply for a Biological Science course as my 5th option. If I end up doing this course, I'm not 100% certain that I will want to transfer or even do graduate entry medicine but just in case, I'd like to have the option there.

Does anyone have information about the transfer at Leicester? I can't seem to find any information about it on their website whereas I can find plenty for the other universities that offer transfers, Newcastle, SGUL etc.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    If you can't see it, it probably doesn't exist. Biomedical/biological science is not a course designed for people to transfer off into medicine. The few universities where this is possible are the exception rather than the rule. I can't say for sure whether a transfer is possible at Leicester, but if there's nothing on their website, it's unlikely to be possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renn)
    I'm going to apply for a Biological Science course as my 5th option. If I end up doing this course, I'm not 100% certain that I will want to transfer or even do graduate entry medicine but just in case, I'd like to have the option there.

Does anyone have information about the transfer at Leicester? I can't seem to find any information about it on their website whereas I can find plenty for the other universities that offer transfers, Newcastle, SGUL etc.
    Hi Renn. You can't transfer from Biological Sciences to Medicine at Leicester. However, it is possible to transfer from Medical Physiology/Biochemistry/Genetics/Microbiology to medicine after the first year (you must get an average of a 1st in your first year). You also have to take the UKCAT that summer and write a mini personal statement. I did Medical Physiology at Leicester but I didn't transfer. There were, however, a few people in my year who were successful in transferring (it is quite competitive, even more so than applying normally).

ReputationRep:
    According to the Leicester website you can, the possibility of a transfer is mentioned in the Biological Sciences course page: http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/ugp/biological/c100 but not on any of the Medical sciences: http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/ugp/medical/c720

???

ReputationRep:
    I applied to medical school too but was unsuccessful but hold an offer for BioChemistry at Leicester. I`m going to the offer holders course day on 9th April so will ask if you can or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainChild)
    I applied to medical school too but was unsuccessful but hold an offer for BioChemistry at Leicester. I`m going to the offer holders course day on 9th April so will ask if you can or not!

Omg... I am in the same position as you. I got unsuccessful with my applications to medical school and is also going to the offer holders open day on the 9th April @ Leicester. I would like to transfer over to medicine after the first year of biochem, but was thinking of changing Biochemistry at Leicester to Medical Biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oke186)
    Omg... I am in the same position as you. I got unsuccessful with my applications to medical school and is also going to the offer holders open day on the 9th April @ Leicester. I would like to transfer over to medicine after the first year of biochem, but was thinking of changing Biochemistry at Leicester to Medical Biochemistry
    Hey, I don't think it matters really the guy said all the Biological science students have equal opportunity and I emailed the Uni of Leicester about it a few weeks before they said you must be as competitive as a normal medic meaning I guess have all A's at A level! And a high UKCAT! it's gonna be even harder but wel'l try it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.