Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slyn_kie)
    Got an unsuccessful today Grrrr :-( oh well try again next year, good luck to those still waiting, I feel a weight has been lifted, by not being in suspense now!
    So sorry dear.....am having my interview at university of York on 22, and I've no clue on what they're gonna ask.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck xxx just swot up on current NHS stuff in the news, you should be fine xx

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. Has anyone heard from the knowledge spa at all? I've applied for Truro and Plymouth. Had an interview at Plymouth last week, it went ok. But I really want to study at Truro campus. I haven't heard from them as yet. Anyone else? X

ReputationRep:
    You will have to wait until March I'm afraid, crap I know but we r all in the boat. They interview 250 to offer 70 places! It's a long, frustrating wait!!!

ReputationRep:
    Really? They don't interview until March? I thought that people were having interviews in January last year? I know they aren't quick with making decisions but I didn't realise they were slow with interviewing as well. x

ReputationRep:
    I think what she means is the decisions are rolled out around march time. Usually 4 weeks after interview.

You may get a call asking preferred campus also, but also so keep checking emails as they contact via email also!

I believe there are around 100 places this year, and usually interview 400 people ish.

If you do get accepted, prepare yourself to undertake some intense work, bombarded with info, and the hassle of placement locations. It isn't easy, nor is sorting childcare for placements when you located miles away with an early start.

Best of luck to you all, keep us updated x

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. So really I should hear about an interview soon, if they're going to offer me one. I just want to get it over and done with to be honest. I'm more than ready for the course and am so lucky to have excellent childcare support - I just need to get a place now!! They said at the open day that they'll have 70 places, has it increased to 100 now? Good luck to all those applying this year! :-) x

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have my interview tomorrow morning at the Knowledge Spa for my Adult Nursing degree. Was just wondering if anyone could help me out with what to expect etc? What questions do they ask? What is the subject talk? Any advice would be fantastic!!

Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornishcream)
    Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to ask firstly, if anyone else has an interview on Friday 11th at 9am at the knowledge spa in Truro for adult nursing? Secondly, if anyone has attended the knowledge spa for an interview for adult nursing and what it entails?

I know we get about a 10 minute one-to-one interview to talk about why we want to get into nursing and a topical issue on health. Can anyone expand on this or tell me what their experience was?

Also, how long did you have to wait to get an answer on whether you got a place or not?

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheersx
    Hi,

How did it go? I have my interview tomorrow. Any help would be fantastic!!
    Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi I notice we are all here again and I'm guessing most of you have had your interviews by now. I made a late application on the 31st January so was VERY surprised to be invited for an interview. My interview is at 1pm on Fri 13th (Typical), I am worrying because it was only verified on the 4th Feb and I still haven't received any letter in the post telling me what I need to bring, another friend who had her interview last month said that a letter comes in the post with a piece of paper for a 2nd referee ( employer) to fill out.... If this is the case I'm panicking as mine hasn't arrived!!!! Oh heck! I will have to ring the knowledge spa or Plymouth tomorrow and try to sort this mess. Can anyone let me know what the questions were for the interview this year, I have been swotting up on the changes to the Francis report (6c's) and Recent A+E waiting times. I'm sure I'll clam up as per... just the thought of it being Friday 13th is enough for me hahaha... Anyone had any offers or unsuccessfuls yet?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for a response! Sent my application off for Plymouth campus and Treliske and have only had a confirmation email saying they have received my application- that was December! Got 2 interviews next week and had an unsuccessful from one uni, just waiting on Plymouth and Truro! No idea how long I''ll have to wait haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmccready)
    Still waiting for a response! Sent my application off for Plymouth campus and Treliske and have only had a confirmation email saying they have received my application- that was December! Got 2 interviews next week and had an unsuccessful from one uni, just waiting on Plymouth and Truro! No idea how long I''ll have to wait haha
    Fingers crossed you hear something.... My interview is today:eek: not sure what they are going to ask questions wise.... keeping everything crossed for this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slyn_kie)
    Fingers crossed you hear something.... My interview is today:eek: not sure what they are going to ask questions wise.... keeping everything crossed for this time.
    Oh, exciting stuff!!! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I had my interview at the knowledge spa on the 13th in the morning and got an offer through ucas this afternoon. Has anyone else heard anything yet. When I was at the interview I was told we wouldn't hear until the middle of April so was really surprised to hear so soon

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow well done, are you still doing access? was it a conditional or unconditional... I had my interview on the 13th also but in the afternoon and the wait is killing me hahaha!!! Well done you... See Friday the 13th isn't always unlucky x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I did my access 6 years ago, and have since done another degree. It was a conditional offer but only because they want to see all my certificates to prove my grades. Hopefully you hear soon, the waiting is the worst bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pumpkinsbc)
    Thanks. I did my access 6 years ago, and have since done another degree. It was a conditional offer but only because they want to see all my certificates to prove my grades. Hopefully you hear soon, the waiting is the worst bit
    Oh I did mine 3 yrs ago and wasnt sure how many years i could apply for.

ReputationRep:
    You have to have studied in the last 5 years but the access doesn't expire as far as I know

ReputationRep:
    I finally have mine tomorrow!!! What do I need to expect as I've been sent no information regarding the interview only an invitation through UCAS. How long is the interview and what do I need to prepare for? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There is just a 20 minute communication interview. I was asked what are qualities needed in a nurse and then to talk about current health/ nursing issues in the news

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.