Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is possible to get rid of acne without medication? Watch

ReputationRep:
    wash your face
    eat less ****
    masturbate less (hormones)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutella:3)
    I wouldn't say it's possible to get completely rid of it especially if your acne is hormonal. I have acne which is very embarassing but it has reduced after I changed to natural skincare products and changed my diet. Doctors say that diet doesn't have an impact on acne - i'm sure you've heard over and over that chocolate can't cause acne. But diet has more of an influence than some may think. I try to eat healthily most of the time. I actually don't eat any dairy because that contains hormones in itself and is quite fatty and sugary, but go to a doctor if you want to give up dairy and they will give you advice, because you will need to replace calcium and vitamin D, etc. They may refer you to a dietician. Also I eat salads almost every day in a sandwich like tuna/salmon/houmous/anything else with lettuce, red onion, 2 different colours of peppers cut into strips, black olives, spinach and watercress. Red onion detoxifies the body (Though it really does make your breath smell for a while), and peppers contain very high vitamin C, apparantly more than oranges. Also every so often have either sweet potato or carrots because they contain vitamin A which apparantly is very good for the skin. You can boil a sweet potato and mash it and have it alongside meat or whatever or you can bake it and fill it with something healthy. Eat more fish too like cod and salmon because they are oily which is also good for the skin. The diet hasn't cured my acne but it has helped reduce it. I hope this helps a little. Pm if you have any questions.
    Your post intrigues me. You mention the bit about doctors saying there's no link and then you say, rather conclusively as well, "But diet has more of an influence than some may think". I can only assume this is your opinion, right? Any proof? What makes your opinion more valid and correct than that of a professional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternetGangster)
    1) Not everyone gets ACNE
    2) There is no proven link between diet and ACNE
    There is no PROVEN link, so that doesn't mean its not the indirect cause... Guessing you didn't do well in science, we wouldn't be anywhere today if everyone just accepted things.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe drink more water ? (I'm passing on my mums nagging)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack0213123)
    There is no PROVEN link, so that doesn't mean its not the indirect cause... Guessing you didn't do well in science, we wouldn't be anywhere today if everyone just accepted things.
    I would go on and tell you my GCSE and AS grades, though next thing you'd be calling me a pretentious snob. Resorting to insults = usually a sign the person is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternetGangster)
    I would go on and tell you my GCSE and AS grades, though next thing you'd be calling me a pretentious snob. Resorting to insults = usually a sign the person is wrong.
    You must think reading something and then telling the examiner something they want to hear makes you really smart... Maybe that's why you believe everything you hear and talk a load of crap as though you know it. If you was really smart you know that you wouldn't have an equal sign there, stupid.

ReputationRep:
    You must think reading something and then telling the examiner something they want to hear makes you really smart... Maybe that's why you believe everything you hear and talk a load of crap as though you know it. If you was really smart you know that you wouldn't have an equal sign there, stupid.
    Oh, the irony.

ReputationRep:
    Diet is a major factor or at least with me it is, I don't tend to get bad acne usually but over Christmas i've been getting an outbreak of spots which must be due to eating quite a bit of junk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Oh, the irony.
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Diet is a major factor or at least with me it is, I don't tend to get bad acne usually but over Christmas i've been getting an outbreak of spots which must be due to eating quite a bit of junk.
    I also agree that diet is a major factor, some people on here just aren't capable of understanding that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Or it could be the cold which dries out skin, making it produce more sebum. Or it could be the fact that our immune system is naturally weaker in the winter. Just things to consider.

ReputationRep:
    Or it could be the cold which dries out skin, making it produce more sebum. Or it could be the fact that our immune system is naturally weaker in the winter. Just things to consider.
    You're right, to be honest I don't think it's down to just one factor but lots of different things that leads to acne break outs.

But I definately feel my skin reacting when I eat greasy/fatty foods which I do rarely no matter what time of year it is.

ReputationRep:
    Well your the one who is narrow minded and thought you just need medicines

ReputationRep:
    Apparently changes in the diet can help get rid of medication as foods that raise your GI are bad for you or something, has anyone had any type of experience getting rid of acne without medication and how can I do it?

Any interesting point to note that I read somewhere is that its only westerners that get it.
    I had really bad spots, but then I started eating healthier. They started to go away a bit. I also started steaming my face once a week and that really helped. I went on holidays for a week and my spots cleared up a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, try either:
    -coconut oil
    -hemp oil
    -manuka honey

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.