Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im recently discovering i might be bisexual/lesbian and i literally dont know a single person who is. I dont look your stereotypical type and its making it really hard to meet people.

Im in my final year at uni and thought maybe dating sites would be the answer.

No one on POF seems to reply, are there any better ones?

The main one seems to be OkCupid. I don't think it's that good though, since it's almost like Facebook - you can see people's photos and you're given some kind of "match percentage" for relationship/friendship, but it doesn't seem that accurate. It's better than POF, but people don't reply that often (or if they do, it's "hey hunni wubu2? xx").

I'd recommend Compatible Partners(.com) - it's the gay/lesbian part of eHarmony. It sounds naff, I know, but they've got a more extensive personality questionnaire, and the matches I've had so far have tended to be pretty accurate. The only downside is that you can't access the messaging system (PMs) until you've used "Guided Communication", where you answer specific likes/dislikes questions for each match, but I've already found a few people I click with and I've only been registered a week.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend OkCupid. I've found people to be quite friendly on there, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the match %. Also, you can make your profile only accessible to other lesbian/bi girls so you don't get hassled by straight couples wanting threesomes. Another one is gaydar girls, think it is mostly younger lesbians on there.

You say you are at uni, have you thought about joining the LGBT soc there? That's where I met most of the gay people I know now and even though I didn't want to date all of them I found some really good friends/wingwomen. There will be people who are/have been in your position and there should be people on the committee who can welcome you and introduce you to others.

Good luck!

I'm a lesbian. Hi

ReputationRep:
    My lesbian friend uses Pink Sofa. Google it.

ReputationRep:
    Easy, go on google and just type it, you'll find plenty of dating sites for you to join at. What ever your worries, a quick search on google will do it for you. I found it always has worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    Gaydar for girls.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend PinkCupid or better still the Pinksofa

Good luck !

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.