Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've confessed my love for her, but that isn't enough for me Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clungemagnet)
    What is this people's obsession with professing love? If you are in love with me, fine, I don't want to know about it. I don't want to get involved in it either. What's wrong with "let's just get on with my life"?

When I was watching Peep Show where Jez tries to tell Dob that he loves her - I was thinking what is the point doing that?
    Other people DO want to know about it. I think it's a massive compliment if someone says they're in love with me! And what if I feel the same? If no one tells each other, they can never actually act on their feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Wait a second here, she is in a relationship, you can't just barge in there and start all this it isnt fair on her or her boyfriend, and you ultimately look worse for it. You've said your piece, now back off before you cause any problems.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to fall in love!! However romantic this must be for you, I don't think you have a right to interfere with her relationship. Its bound to cause trouble!! And its quite a nasty thing to do, they may start to dislike you for trying to wreck it.

ReputationRep:
    I have been the girl in this situation, and I would not go any further.

By doing that, you will probably just make her feel uncomfortable and turn her away from you, as it will appear that you do not care about the fact that she cares for someone else, and you just want to shove yourself in the way.

ReputationRep:
    You're weird OP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    Other people DO want to know about it. I think it's a massive compliment if someone says they're in love with me! And what if I feel the same? If no one tells each other, they can never actually act on their feelings.
    I will be a bit harsh.

What is the point knowing that someone is in love with you? I will make it even simpler. Would knowing that someone loves me make me better-off?

Contrary to your suggestions, if everyone sleeps only with people that they are in love with, that would be the end of the world. Many learn to love the person they are sleeping with - and there are so many other factors which you are not consciously aware of that influence your decision to sleep with someone.

People on this website seem to think that girls sleep with wealthier men are shallow and just trying to have fun. I personally think the girls on this website have no idea what goes on in this world. These girls are a lot smarter than girls who sleep with their boyfriends because they are in love.

One of my female friends would describe you as "a girl who doesn't know better and doesn't want to know better." This comes from a woman with a Master's degree and a career many can only dream about.

When you are pooping your pants at 65, your only friend is money. Once you become disabled, eg, you lose your sexuality (you have to keep injecting female hormone - but this will cost you), you need hip-replacement, you have got breast cancer, you are going bold, etc., the money becomes your only friend. You could have friends - but they are not friends. They are people from a same support group.

So just find someone who knows why s/he is in a relationship with you (and vice versa) and try to work on the relationship. The longer you are in a relationship, the safer you are. You are getting old. So is your partner.

ReputationRep:
    OP I'd move on, don't do anything else. You'll seem desperate and needy. Which will make her less attracted to you further still. Are you willing to lose her friendship in this pursuit of her?

ReputationRep:
    You've said your piece, now leave it at that.

I did the same, didn't go down very well but I don't regret it for a second.. be proud that you said it even if nothing ever comes of it.

If she wants to be with you then she'll do the legwork and leave him.

ReputationRep:
    OK, you've said what you said because you felt you had to. But if you actually love her, then have enough respect for her to leave it at that. Love isn't only what you feel, it's what you do; and making her uncomfortable, or making her life more difficult, well, those aren't loving things to do. Actually, they'd be selfish things to do; they'd be all about you, and completely disregarding her feelings. She knows how you feel, but she's made it clear that she isn't interested, and I don't see how continuing to bring it up, or making big romatic gestures, or whatever, would be anything other than awkward (at best) for her. Leave it there.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't take much for you to fall in love then

(Original post by ForKicks)
    Doesn't take much for you to fall in love then
    this has been a year and a half in the making

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.