The Student Room Group

my best friend got a girlfriend

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just because he's now in a relationship doesn't mean that your friendship necessarily has to evaporate - you only assumed this. If he's worth his salt as a best friend, he'll always have time for you. You just seem jealous (not in the envious sense of the word, as in, you feel your relationship with him is threatened by her). And if you really were his best friend, you would be happy for him and care about his happiness.

I guess you're right. I know I'm being immature and feeling sorry for myself but well, somebody has to! I'm glad for him, he deserves all the happiness in the world but it doesn't mean I can't wish it were different.

It is all too common that good male friends can be "stolen" from us by clingy girlfriends and they become whipped and we never see them. You could try voicing your concerns to him, like an adult, and tell him that you're worried that you to will lose what you had (in the friendship sense), rather than getting into a mood like a child.

Yeah I'm hoping to do this, but it will be hard to keep my emotions in check.

Perhaps you still could go on holiday together in April - he should tell her it's Good luck :smile:

This is really the most painful part of it for me. I was soo looking forward to it (we did a few times before so I know how great it was). It is unfair of me to expect him to remain available forever; maybe I'll get over that eventually. Thanks for the advice.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by cambio wechsel
Have you thought about splurging on some scatter cushions?

How would that help :confused::confused:
Original post by Usar
How would that help :confused::confused:

I dunno, pal. I thought it's what you guys do to cheer yourselves up.
Reply 23
ll
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think I've ever even allowed myself the luxury of developing feelings for my lesbian mates, why did you allow yourself to develop feelings for you best guy friend?

You need to get some perspective and really put this behind you, your friend has always been straight, he likes girls.

I'm sorry I don;t really know what else to offer, but straight or gay, the friend-zone is your own creation, you keep yourself there by clinging to these feelings.

Take some time and distance if you need it but basically properly getting over disappointment about not being liked back is on you.

I've never seen anyone in the friend zone who didn't put themselves there, and maintained it.
Reply 25
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
I don't think I've ever even allowed myself the luxury of developing feelings for my lesbian mates, why did you allow yourself to develop feelings for you best guy friend?

You need to get some perspective and really put this behind you, your friend has always been straight, he likes girls.

I'm sorry I don;t really know what else to offer, but straight or gay, the friend-zone is your own creation, you keep yourself there by clinging to these feelings.

Take some time and distance if you need it but basically properly getting over disappointment about not being liked back is on you.

I've never seen anyone in the friend zone who didn't put themselves there, and maintained it.

To be fair I lived with him for 2 years and so I think it'd be impossible to not allow myself to develop feelings. I could have been harsh with him -- but that would be pretty much me being a dick to someone who doesn't deserve it...

Anyway, he just posted on wall about something. I really don't want to respond and give him the silent treatment. But I'll probably relent and reply tomorrow, lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending