Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  moments.png
Views: 370
Size:  10.9 KB

Currently revising for the exam going through past papers etc, so please expect a couple of questions posted on here on which I need help on.

I have got this far: 4.0x = (x+0.03)4.0 I am short of stuck on what I 'ought to do next, I have seen the mark scheme but would rather prefer and appreciate if somebody could explain how they got the right answer? June 2010 paper.

The next question is from the June 2012 paper so some may have seen it, (ii) State and explain the force that causes the sledge and rider to accelerate down the slope? I'm not really sure about this one could is possibly be weight or gravity?

ReputationRep:
    If you expand and simplify your expression, you should find that it really does simplify (try it to see what I mean!). The significance should then be clear, although you need to compare this answer to earlier parts of the question to see this.

As for the second part, it is always better to say "weight" than "gravity" when talking about the forces acting on an object. But is it his entire weight that makes him accelerate down the slope?

ReputationRep:
    For your second query, you have to consider the fact that he is on an inclined plane and that his weight is a vector and so can be resolved...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.