Turn on thread page Beta

Ok im working part time now one day a week at a retail store. I have been working there since my college years, i am now in my final year of university with one term left.

In short, i hate my job even though its one day a week. I have been there so long i just get fed up of everything im doing there managers, supervisors, the shifts where im constantly standing for 8 hours with 30 min break.

Now i have two places at charities where i volunteer, the reason im there is because im volunteering and gaining experience in the subject i am studying.

I have saved up 10K working, if i carry on volunteering i will most likely not have a paying job for 6+ months as volunteering will take up my time so i would have to leave my one day a week job.

Should i :

A: Stop volunteering for work experience and just man up and work until the end of uni ( 6 more months) then quit once i get a new job (however long it takes)

OR

B: Quit my job, live off my 10k for 6+ months and hope all the work experience lands me a job quicker in my field right after uni. In all calculations i would lose 2-3k from the time i quit until say september 2013.

Help me people, even a quick post stating either A or B would do but if you want to explain why then please do.

Thanks a bunch!

ReputationRep:
    How long must you have worked a one day job to save up £10,000 :eek:

(Original post by Tuerin)
    How long must you have worked a one day job to save up £10,000 :eek:
    Lol I used to work 20+ hours before and live at home etc and not much of a spender. But it's only this year I'm working one day.. Whatever I make just about covers for food ..travel and what not

ReputationRep:
    I would leave your job, I did and I'm so glad because I didn't realise how much I hated it until I left. Some things aren't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I would just stick it out. Second option is quite a gamble with today's job market, you could end up waiting longer than 6 months to land another job (no matter what the government says or what schemes it brings in). Just not wise to leave a job right now unless you have another paying job to go to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.