Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Part time Jobs while doing A-levels Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how many hours do ppl do on saturday and sunday while still doing a levels.

Plus whats the usual salary per hour ?

thanks for help

ReputationRep:
    I work just under 20hrs a week in a bar, min wage

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I'm too lazy

My friends have jobs, they work after school, some during free periods and during weekends. They survive. Well, only exam results will tell.

Unless you despo need the money, bleh I wouldn't be interested.

ReputationRep:
    10 hours a week. I work on one weekday and a sunday so i still have my saturdays free which is great .

ReputationRep:
    I work as a teaching assistant for a tuition centre. 8 hours a week, £.8.50 an hour. Good money and good experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkflame)
    I was wondering how many hours do ppl do on saturday and sunday while still doing a levels.

Plus whats the usual salary per hour ?

thanks for help
    I used to do 15-20 hours a week (working saturday and sunday then either 1 or 2 evenings in the week). I used to get paid just above minimum wage.

ReputationRep:
    I work 18-20 hours a week on £5.50

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I work only 4 hours on a Saturday afternoon because I do spend a lot of time studying. I am on £4.10 an hour so it's only about £16 a week but I couldn't sacrifice more time while doing my A levels. Plus they regularly ask for overtime so I can either say no or if I want the extra cash then yeah

ReputationRep:
    10:30-5:30 on a Sunday is all I do, at £5.50 an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    About 15 hours a week but it varies massively from 4 to 20 depending on what shifts are going, on £4.55 an hour currently

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Used to do 6.5 hours/week on a wage of £5.25/hour whilst studying for GCSEs and A-Levels then just over 20 hours/week during the school holidays and 30 during the summer.

ReputationRep:
    My timings are flexible for the weekend, The irony is that I don't even choose the hours! My work place does haha

ReputationRep:
    8 hours a week at just over £7 per hour

ReputationRep:
    20ish hours a week
    £4.35 an hour
    paid every 2 weeks
    free food
    work at mcdonalds :P its a great job!

ReputationRep:
    8 hours a week (every Saturday and Sunday)
    £5 an hour
    Debating whether it is sensible to keep my job during a levels (I'm am studying AS at the moment), as I often get asked to do overtime and it takes up the best part of my weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietx123x)
    8 hours a week (every Saturday and Sunday)
    £5 an hour
    Debating whether it is sensible to keep my job during a levels (I'm am studying AS at the moment), as I often get asked to do overtime and it takes up the best part of my weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I was you keep it unless it gets in your way for your studies. Most people struggle just to get a job. I know this, first hand experience that in a few years time. You will be grateful for having a part time job because you have experience make the most of it.

ReputationRep:
    4 hours a week on a Saturday, £5 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15, work weekends at the moment until I'm 16 on 6.19 an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did all day sunday during AS year, but I was so knackered on a monday gave it up because I needed to focus on volunteering more
    its manageable though if you do your work and dont leave it
    most of my friends work though once a week

ReputationRep:
    I did have a part time job last year during my AS year, i did roughly about 12-15 hours a week. It was a very stressful time for me personally as I do 3 essay subjects, so i quit at the end of summer after my disappointing AS grades. This year feels so much better now that i don't have a job, I have my job waiting for me though after exams so I can save, save, save for University. It definitely is manageable though, it purely depends on what kind of person you are and your organisation skills.
    I was on £6 per hour (no tips) as a waitress...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.