The Student Room Group

When should I start revising for May exams?

I don't have any January exams, but I am freaking out about May exams! When should I start revising? I was thinking Feb half term - good idea, or sooner?

Unis I want to go to want AAB-BBB (Exeter the exception with typical offer being A*AA-AAB)...

AS level btw
Reply 1
I got AAA last year for my AS exams in May and I started during the Easter break, so starting any earlier should definitely secure that.
3 ... 2 ... 1 ... go!
Reply 3
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
3 ... 2 ... 1 ... go!

Haha!

Original post by eelnais
I got AAA last year for my AS exams in May and I started during the Easter break, so starting any earlier should definitely secure that.

I am not naturally intelligent (just a little bit :wink:). So I will start hardcore revision then :biggrin:

I have a hard work ethic - I sat 8hours solid yesterday typing up notes - so I have commitment. Thanks for your input
Reply 4
I've started revising a week ago for january exams. Aiming for all A's. I have 6 exams. You'll be fine. Keep working hard in and out of lessons throughout the year. A useful hour in lesson is far more useful than an hour revising outside.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Haha!

I am not naturally intelligent (just a little bit :wink:). So I will start hardcore revision then :biggrin:

I have a hard work ethic - I sat 8hours solid yesterday typing up notes - so I have commitment. Thanks for your input

Oh you'll be fine! I have a hard work ethic but I procrastinate like crazy. :tongue: Best of luck to you.
Reply 6
Original post by eelnais

AAA at AS? you have just made me feel very unintelligent haha
What - you've not started yet?! :tongue:
Reply 8
if you've kept up working consistently every week (doing homework as told by your teacher, etc), then starting at the beginning of april is okay, but you should probably start in march just to be sure
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by McCaffery
AAA at AS? you have just made me feel very unintelligent haha

Why? xD I'm sure you're just as intelligent if not more.
Reply 10
Straight after Jan exams to avoid any disappointment :yep:
Reply 11
Original post by eelnais
Why? xD I'm sure you're just as intelligent if not more.

because my A.S results were bad
Reply 12
Original post by McCaffery
because my A.S results were bad

Are you retaking? :smile: They'll improve
The earlier you start revising, the better! It's best to be prepared. If I were you, I'd start revising now :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by eelnais
Are you retaking? :smile: They'll improve

i did bad in that subject for AS but chose to carry on A2 but retake the AS (alot of work lol:eek:)

Quick Reply

Latest