Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uk unis that offer law with a year abroad in US? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know uk unis that offer law with a year in the united states? cheers

ReputationRep:
    UEA I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk327)
    Anybody know uk unis that offer law with a year in the united states? cheers
    A couple of the London Russel Group universities offer the chance to complete your first two years in London and graduate with an LLB and then spend a further two years in the USA for a JD. I'm not sure if this is what you are interested in but there are two caveats. First, and most importantly, you need to be incredibly wealthy to be able to pursue this as there is no funding available (so tuition plus living expenses each year in the States will be around £80,000). Second, you have to come pretty much top in your year group in your first year exam results to be considered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightL)
    UEA I believe
    Cheers for that, will check it out

(Original post by suffocation1992)
    A couple of the London Russel Group universities offer the chance to complete your first two years in London and graduate with an LLB and then spend a further two years in the USA for a JD. I'm not sure if this is what you are interested in but there are two caveats. First, and most importantly, you need to be incredibly wealthy to be able to pursue this as there is no funding available (so tuition plus living expenses each year in the States will be around £80,000). Second, you have to come pretty much top in your year group in your first year exam results to be considered.
    Well,basically not that's not exatly what I was looking for ,would be ace though but I wouldnt be financially able to study for 2 years in the US. Was looking for just having the third year of a four-year course there..unfortunately it seems that ive got limited choices

ReputationRep:
    RGU in Aberdeen offer a year (or possibly a semester, not 100% sure) at Tulsa Uni in Oklahoma

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield uni do. The degree is LLB Law (European & International). There's loads of places you can go all over the world but the American link is Wisconsin. No fees paid to them just half fees to Sheffield!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow uni do. Only catch is you need a lot more money than doing a year abroad in Europe, as you don't get anywhere near the same level of funding towards your living costs. You only need to pay the fees you would pay to Glasgow anyway (even if thats nothing), so you basically (as far as I know) need to be able to fund your flights and living costs. Think there's a couple different places within the US that you can choose to go.

ReputationRep:
    Surrey offer a placement year in North America during your third year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all for your answers but most unis mentioned've got high entry requirements I dont think I'm meeting. Surrey and Sheffield may do though. Cheers, appreciate your answers and if sb has to suggest any more you're more than welcome to do so

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.