Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would love to go to Europe but thinking it might be a bit expensive for ~3 months with up to 2500-3000 pounds

Of course it depends where I go in Asia but generally would Asia be cheaper then Europe or with the addition of flights be a bit more expensive?

ReputationRep:
    3 day bump

ReputationRep:
    asia is always going to be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    I don't agree. I live in Asia and alcohol is very expensive, and you'll have to factor in flights. If you're not a big drinker and willing to do layovers though you can get a good deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonista)
    I don't agree. I live in Asia and alcohol is very expensive, and you'll have to factor in flights. If you're not a big drinker and willing to do layovers though you can get a good deal.
    I was more talking about food/accomodation etc. Alcohol isn't that bad although I guess it depends where you are and flights you can happpily find for $1000 or so

ReputationRep:
    I was more talking about food/accomodation etc. Alcohol isn't that bad although I guess it depends where you are and flights you can happpily find for $1000 or so
    Fair enough. You're right food is cheap! So long as you eat out Accommodation varies, for example: Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore are pricier than Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and India (but the price reflects the standard too).

The other thing is vaccinations: you can't get all the travel vaccines for free in the UK so you'll need to factor that in.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, looking at flights I can fly to somewhere like Germany with a return ticket for £20. Looking at Asia, flights start at around £450 for a return ticket, seems a bit expensive. That £450 could do around 15 days of hostels in Europe. I think unless you can get a cheap ticket to Asia, Europe it far more cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone, im from indonesiaaa
    the cost of travelling its depends of your life standard.
    but if you come to asia, you will get many experience!!!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.