Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asia or Europe cheaper? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would love to go to Europe but thinking it might be a bit expensive for ~3 months with up to 2500-3000 pounds

Of course it depends where I go in Asia but generally would Asia be cheaper then Europe or with the addition of flights be a bit more expensive?

ReputationRep:
    3 day bump

ReputationRep:
    asia is always going to be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    I don't agree. I live in Asia and alcohol is very expensive, and you'll have to factor in flights. If you're not a big drinker and willing to do layovers though you can get a good deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonista)
    I don't agree. I live in Asia and alcohol is very expensive, and you'll have to factor in flights. If you're not a big drinker and willing to do layovers though you can get a good deal.
    I was more talking about food/accomodation etc. Alcohol isn't that bad although I guess it depends where you are and flights you can happpily find for $1000 or so

ReputationRep:
    I was more talking about food/accomodation etc. Alcohol isn't that bad although I guess it depends where you are and flights you can happpily find for $1000 or so
    Fair enough. You're right food is cheap! So long as you eat out Accommodation varies, for example: Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore are pricier than Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and India (but the price reflects the standard too).

The other thing is vaccinations: you can't get all the travel vaccines for free in the UK so you'll need to factor that in.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, looking at flights I can fly to somewhere like Germany with a return ticket for £20. Looking at Asia, flights start at around £450 for a return ticket, seems a bit expensive. That £450 could do around 15 days of hostels in Europe. I think unless you can get a cheap ticket to Asia, Europe it far more cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone, im from indonesiaaa
    the cost of travelling its depends of your life standard.
    but if you come to asia, you will get many experience!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.