Turn on thread page Beta

Go to bed or stay up? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey i'm on my way back to uni tomorrow and my train is at 8:55am. Only thing is is that my body clock is set to go to bed at like 5:30am. If i try to sleep ill be tired as **** in the morning and i haven't packed my stuff properly, but can't tonight now because ill wake people up. Everyone else is up at 7am in the morning so do you reckon i should try to sleep or just pull an all nighter and sleep on the train? (I need to make 3 changes, each train is roughly an hour long)

ReputationRep:
    SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

I always ask myself this and everytime I pull an all nighter and every morning I feel like complete and utter ****.

Turn off the comp and go to bed you will be grateful come morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

I always ask myself this and everytime I pull an all nighter and every morning I feel like complete and utter ****.

Turn off the comp and go to bed you will be grateful come morning.
    I'll get like an hour and a half of sleep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwalchgwyn)
    I'll get like an hour and a half of sleep...
    Better than nothing,I'm sure you've pulled an all nighter before as most people have. Think of that feeling of heavy eyes,light sensitivity,confusion,slow response time,lack of energy and then a long as **** train journey.

ReputationRep:
    Better than nothing,I'm sure you've pulled an all nighter before as most people have. Think of that feeling of heavy eyes,light sensitivity,confusion,slow response time,lack of energy and then a long as **** train journey.
    I have before but never really hits me until about 2pm, and i can sleep on the train if i get that bad.

ReputationRep:
    This is why it's a good idea to plan your sleep schedule in advance. That way, you have a few days to either gradually change your sleep schedule or use an all-nighter as a quick fix without having to spend your groggy day faffing about with train connections.

Anyway, sleep. Seriously, an hour and a half is better than no sleep at all by a surprisingly long way.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just sleep for an hour and a half and sleep on the train?

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious how he did?

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious how he did?
    Well i was intending on doing an all nighter - i got into bed and started watching a movie because normally i find that if i do, i just don't feel tired and end up watching something on my laptop till like 6am before forcing myself to sleep. I don't know why but i felt really tired at like 3:30 and fell asleep watching The Simpsons. All four of my alarms went off at the correct time but i have somehow learned how to switch them all off whilst still asleep. In this particular case the alarm-switching-off was personified in my dream by me thinking that if i ate my shoes, the ringing noise would stop.

My dog came in at 8:15am and woke me up thinking there was a cat outside, by jumping on my bed and stamping on me. I saw the clock and **** myself - my bus into town arrives at 8:35 but sometimes its early.
    I hadn't packed my stuff so i threw everything i could find into a camping bag and legged it out the front door without even stopping to say goodbye (only my father was awake anyway and we don't do proper goodbyes).

I quickstepped my way to the bus stop and was there 2 minutes early. Luckily someone else was already there waiting so i knew i hadn't missed it. I checked my wallet for cash and realized i only had £1.45, but its a £1.50 bus fare -.- I kicked myself for not picking up the loose change left on my desk in my panicked frenzy.
    The bus came and i asked the driver how far i could get on £1.45. He said "no where". I timidly asked if i could get away with a childs ticket, he just replied "no way", with a subtle malicious sheen in his eye. I got back off. She was much bigger than me, i wasn't going to argue, but he knew he had just ****ed my entire day up. *******. I had 18 minutes to get one and a half miles to the train station. I marched with a strength of a million bulls up the valley, but i got tired after a bit and calmed down to the strength of about 5 bulls. I reached the train station as a mess. I was sweating like a nun at a cucumber farm and almost dying of exhaustion and there it went right before my eyes. Gone like a fart in the wind. It rolled away like a nonchalant ***** and my own brain started taking the piss out of me by playing the cheerful Thomas The Tank Engine theme song. **** you Brain, this is not the time to be making jokes. I had some sort of aneurysm of frustration on the platform and plonked my arse down on the bench. It was only 15 minutes till the next train but it meant i'd have to wait a full hour when i got to Bristol for the train to Exeter.

I got on the 9:10am train and sighed. The train didn't move for 10 minutes which i thought was odd, but really couldn't give a ****. A massive boom came out of the wall and i crapped my pants. The magical voice that comes out of the walls told everyone that the last train broke down 1 stop before Cardiff. The train i was supposed to get on originally. The wall-voice said that it'd take about half an hour to get the train towed away. That was the biggest lie ever told. The Watergate scandal wasn't jack compared to this. Move over Monica Lewinski, your problems ain't ****. TWO BIG ******* HOURS i was sat at that station in my hometown. It had taken me 2 and a half ****-gobbling hours to get 1 and a half miles. I know paraplegic coma patients with a prozac addiction who can travel faster than that!

I finally got to Cardiff hungrier than a woodpecker with a headache and fresh bank balance so i thought id go the whole hog and treat myself to one of those posh Upper Crust sandwiches. Ham and cheddar yum yum. Now theres one thing about ham and cheese sandwiches, and some of you will already know what the deal is with them, and are already screaming at the screen. The rest of you are blissfully unaware of the possible disaster that can occur with getting a ham and cheese sandwich, because its rarely labelled on the front, and if it is, its in a tiny little font.

Mayo.

I don't know who did this, but i want them dead. I want their wife dead, their kids dead, their ****ing neighbours dead. I want to end everything they love. Seriously who the **** thought "do you know what would improve this perfect blend of dairy and meat wrapped in a delicious freshly baked parcel of deliciousness? Some fat flavoured grease! Yeah thats so much better." Seriously i hate you so much i want to pull your spine out through your ass and whip you with it until youve read every Twilight book 6 times over. The worst thing is that i didn't even realise it had mayo in it until i was half way through because the complete retard that makes them thinks an 'even spread' is to jizz randomly over the sandwich with a mayo tub.

I really can't be arsed to tell the rest of my journey because its pissing me off too much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd stay up. I probably feel better in the morning after no sleep than just an hour or two. Just don't fall asleep on the train!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.