Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any alternatives to spotify? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any other music platforms other than spotify and grooveshark. Groove shark is great but i have noticed as it's a user based network, many people upload their own recordings of songs and then it is displayed in the grooveshark library which becomes annoying.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

We7 or Deezer. Although Deezer has a smaller catelogue than We7.

I did use mflow for a while but they packed it in. I am on the mailing list for a beta version of something else created by the same people so hopefully when it's live it'll be just as good.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stray_talk)
      We7 or Deezer. Although Deezer has a smaller catelogue than We7.

I did use mflow for a while but they packed it in. I am on the mailing list for a beta version of something else created by the same people so hopefully when it's live it'll be just as good.
      Does we7 or deezer provide the actual original songs or is it one of those user social network one like grooveshark where people can upload their poorly recorded songs off the radio lol?

(Original post by rurounikenji)
        Does we7 or deezer provide the actual original songs or is it one of those user social network one like grooveshark where people can upload their poorly recorded songs off the radio lol?
        Yeh, they're not like Grooveshark and provide the originals. Tbh though, I sub to Spotify as I believe just shy of a fiver a month is little to pay for access to masses of music!

ReputationRep:
        Soundcloud is my source for music and beatport is really good but beatport is a music store.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Stray_talk)
        Yeh, they're not like Grooveshark and provide the originals. Tbh though, I sub to Spotify as I believe just shy of a fiver a month is little to pay for access to masses of music!
        Loving deezer btw!!
        • TSR Support Team
        • Very Important Poster
        • Reporter Team
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Napster

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by reubenkinara)
        Netflix
        Lol..netflix the movie streaming site..
        • TSR Support Team
        • Very Important Poster
        • Reporter Team
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by rurounikenji)
        Lol..netflix the movie streaming site..
        Sorry. I meant Napster.

ReputationRep:
        Rdio is the only one worth your time in honesty.Deezer has a very limited catalog and its interface is poor. I think Spotify is the best but Rdio may be more your thing.

ReputationRep:
        Napster, Zune, Last.fm?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Matthew1357)
        Rdio is the only one worth your time in honesty.Deezer has a very limited catalog and its interface is poor. I think Spotify is the best but Rdio may be more your thing.
        Just checked out rdio. And it seems pretty good as well but very similar to spotify. I would just like to find a free based music streaming site but i guess theres no such thing lol. Downloading is pretty long and just takes too much space, really

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.