Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Daily Mail comes down hard on Jack Whitehall Watch

ReputationRep:
    Read this article in response to the rude comments Jack Whitehall made about the Queen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...edentials.html

Can always rely on the Daily Mail to tear somebody down :indiff:

My favourite quote:

He lost out, of course, to Daniel Radcliffe. Each successive film — and Radcliffe's mounting fame and riches — was a cruel reminder to 'Jacky' and his family of what might have been. In response to Whitehall's failure in his Harry Potter audition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    Read this article in response to the rude comments Jack Whitehall made about the Queen

My favourite quote:

He lost out, of course, to Daniel Radcliffe. Each successive film — and Radcliffe's mounting fame and riches — was a cruel reminder to 'Jacky' and his family of what might have been. In response to Whitehall's failure in his Harry Potter audition
    The daily fail are pathetic, they are knocking him down and slandering him for things completely unrelated to the news they are discussing, they are as equally bad as he is. He is doing extremely well. Without being harry potter so it is a pointless argument. I love the fact that they propp themselves up with a so called backbone which is just made up of the combined backbones of the rats that used to be the editors at the "paper". They need to grow up - what he said wasn't the best but they made themselves look even stupider than they were already.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like the Daily Mail you could, you know.

Not read it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    The daily fail are pathetic, they are knocking him down and slandering him for things completely unrelated to the news they are discussing, they are as equally bad as he is. He is doing extremely well. Without being harry potter so it is a pointless argument. I love the fact that they propp themselves up with a so called backbone which is just made up of the combined backbones of the rats that used to be the editors at the "paper". They need to grow up - what he said wasn't the best but they made themselves look even stupider than they were already.
    I disagree. Whitehall is getting too big for his boots.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Whitehall is getting too big for his boots.
    I think he is a bit of a douche and is getting too big for his boots but somebody like DM shouldn't be the ones to point it out, with the crap they are producing on a daily basis they aren't anybody to talk.

ReputationRep:
    I thought he was in trouble for being pissed on the Big Fat Quiz of the Year and making offensive comments. I watched it and he didn't go that far over the line. And the Queen keeping her job in a recession joke was appropriate at the time. I hate Daily Mail outrage it's so staged and they always have 'a close friend' who is actually someone with a vendetta from school days or even more remotely connected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    I thought he was in trouble for being pissed on the Big Fat Quiz of the Year and making offensive comments. I watched it and he didn't go that far other the line.
    My thoughts exactly, having said that, he's been whoring himself out to every panel show on television. I'm glad he's in the :poo: it it means I can have some Jack Whitehall free moments.

ReputationRep:
    I think Jack Whitehall's quite funny. The article did not alter that opinion.

ReputationRep:

My favourite quote:

My favourite quote (from the comments section):

Oh please, give it a rest DM. Give it a rest. Its like you're almost stalking the bloke. Does someone on the DM have a grudge? A spurned lover, a jealous rival? Its plain creepy.

ReputationRep:
    reverse snobbism, who cares where his roots are? jack has become famous because he is a funny guy.

ReputationRep:

My favourite quote:

I liked some of your remarks on some threads, but first you like Bieber and Niki Minaj, and now you read the Daily Mail?

You used to be cool.

You're a scumbag.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair though he is a bit of an ******** that is about as funny as leukaemia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    My favourite quote (from the comments section):

Oh please, give it a rest DM. Give it a rest. Its like you're almost stalking the bloke. Does someone on the DM have a grudge? A spurned lover, a jealous rival? Its plain creepy.
    Hmm I do admit, the DM does like to focus in on a few people.

For example, we see at least one article a day regarding cheryl cole, kim kardashian and kate middleton.

It is slightly stalkerish :lol:

ReputationRep:
    what is it with the DM and the royal family? they seem to have an unhealthy obsession with them

ReputationRep:
    One does wonder what the DM writer would be like if confronting with the humour many ordinary people use every day to get few work, school or college. If they found that offensive.

ReputationRep:
    I like Jack Whitehall, don't think he was that bad on BFQOTY, and surely channel 4 chose to put it out, and didnt find it too far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most comedians are from well-to-do backgrounds

Even Jim Bowen has a degree in Maths from Chester

And everyone else was in Cambridge Footlights!

ReputationRep:
    Please, I don't give two flying fuc** about what you think.

And I said I just like 1 Bieber song anyway
    I know you don't, but I'd still like to plant those seeds of doubt that you're actually not a witty troll, but a silly little git who has twisted and misunderstood views on the world. Hopefully those seeds will grow and blossom genuine intellect or informed judgement upon the world.

I don't want your excuses or hedging: "I just like 1 Bieber song anyway"...

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic article, he's a comedian, its channel 4, we know what to expect, and don't need wrapping in cotton wool or censoring. They are telling people to be offended when nobody is, attempting to throw petrol on yesterdays discarded fag end of a non story in the hope that it will explode. It's a smutty, crass, juvenile, judgmental and harmful publication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockH)
    I know you don't, but I'd still like to plant those seeds of doubt that you're actually not a witty troll, but a silly little git who has twisted and misunderstood views on the world. Hopefully those seeds will grow and blossom genuine intellect or informed judgement upon the world.

I don't want your excuses or hedging: "I just like 1 Bieber song anyway"...
    Right yeah, because I'm going to listen to you :rolleyes: Lol and it was only one song.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.