The Student Room Group

Daily Mail comes down hard on Jack Whitehall

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cephalus
Right yeah, because I'm going to listen to you :rolleyes: Lol and it was only one song.

I hope you do, for the sake of humanity.
Reply 21
Original post by SherlockH
I hope you do, for the sake of humanity.

The irony is that you probably consider this to be quite witty.
Reply 22
The irony is that you probably consider this to be quite witty.

I'm not calling for you to be witty in the first place. I just think you're a bit of a tosser, I realise that now.
Reply 23
Read this article in response to the rude comments Jack Whitehall made about the Queen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257445/The-privileged-past-Channel-4s-grubby-golden-boy-Why-Jack-Whitehall-eager-prove-laddish-credentials.html

Can always rely on the Daily Mail to tear somebody down :indiff:

My favourite quote:

He lost out, of course, to Daniel Radcliffe. Each successive film and Radcliffe's mounting fame and riches was a cruel reminder to 'Jacky' and his family of what might have been. In response to Whitehall's failure in his Harry Potter audition

Not so, according to one who knows him. 'What we saw on the show is what you get away from the cameras,' says the acquaintance. 'He comes out with the most unbelievably crass things, he's incredibly *childish. He has been very spoilt all his life and thinks he can say what he likes.'/quote]

That's bs. No friend of his would say that to the media. In fact, no one would be his friend for very long if that is true.
Reply 24
I'm not calling for you to be witty in the first place. I just think you're a bit of a tosser, I realise that now.

Yeah I am a tosser. And you said that I thought of myself as witty, while you are doing the same thing that you've tried to call me out as doing
Hmm I do admit, the DM does like to focus in on a few people.

For example, we see at least one article a day regarding cheryl cole, kim kardashian and kate middleton.

It is slightly stalkerish :lol:

I don't read any of those. I have a life. :wink:
Reply 26
Yeah I am a tosser.

Best thing you've said thus far.

And you said that I thought of myself as witty, while you are doing the same thing that you've tried to call me out as doing

What? I'm not criticising you for being witty, subjective or not. I'm saying that you're a tosser, and you agree. I'm glad we've come to this conclusion as I'm quite sleepy.

Goodnight ickle munchkins.
I don't want your excuses or hedging: "I just like 1 Bieber song anyway"...

Do you actually care about what music someone likes? Don't you have something better to do than go around pretending you're better than someone because of something as trivial as music?

This is you.
Reply 28
I personally thought he was hilarious! I haven't spoken to anyone who thought it was offensive. How is it any worse than jokes/banter you hear pretty much every day anyway? :confused:
Read this article in response to the rude comments Jack Whitehall made about the Queen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257445/The-privileged-past-Channel-4s-grubby-golden-boy-Why-Jack-Whitehall-eager-prove-laddish-credentials.html

My favourite quote:

He lost out, of course, to Daniel Radcliffe. Each successive film and Radcliffe's mounting fame and riches was a cruel reminder to 'Jacky' and his family of what might have been. In response to Whitehall's failure in his Harry Potter audition

I would hardly call it losing out... I'd much rather be a well-liked comedian than a weird-looking smarmy actor who most people describe as a ponce...
Original post by Bellissima
reverse snobbism, who cares where his roots are? jack has become famous because he is a funny guy.

Ha love that! 'Reverse snobbism'... should write that one down :tongue:

Agreed though!
Reply 31
Didnt only 3 people make a complaint to Ofcom about Whitehall remarks!?... and this is what the Daily Mail come up.. a page long b!tch session. Feature some REAL News for flipping hell sake!
Reply 32
Can't stand the guy but the DM just seems out to get him...
Reply 33
I think Jack Whitehall is hilarious, especially on BFQOTY, and this article hasn't altered my opinion of him. The Daily Mail are being quite harsh towards him, when there are far worse comedians out there, Frankie Boyle, for instance

[URL="'http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app'"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL

My favourite quote:

Aside from the fact that the jokes don't seem that bad, it's basically a storm in a teacup. Furthermore it's not like the Daily Mail has a leg to stand on when it comes to standards or something to that effect.

It sounds like Jack was once horrid to one of the editor's kids or something, because the DM seem obsessed with Jack, churning out endless articles. Take today's hit piece:

A puerile display has finally got the comedian the attention he has craved

At last! we know the name Jack Whitehall. I don't think anyone had ever heard of him before Big Fat Quiz....

Here is a certain sort of precocious child usually the product of a star-struck mother who wants more than anything to be really, really famous.

Growing up in a big house in Putney, South-West London, Jack Whitehall was once such boy. In 2000, when he was 12, Jack, or 'Jacky' as he is known to his doting parents

Doting parents, eh? Something definitely wrong there. Glad they brought that to my attention.

auditioned for the part of Harry Potter in Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone, the first film in the series.

He lost out, of course, to Daniel Radcliffe. Each successive film and Radcliffe's mounting fame and riches was a cruel reminder to 'Jacky' and his family of what might have been.

Yes, what might have been. An extremely lucrative career as an award-winning comedian, quiz panelist and actor perhaps. But no, nothing came of his life...

Jack Whitehall was a child actor in various television dramas, but decided to pursue stand-up comedy after leaving school. He was a finalist in the So You Think You're Funny talent hunt at last year's Edinburgh Fringe, and was nominated for best newcomer at this year's Chortle Awards. In December 2012 he was awarded the title King of Comedy by the British Comedy Awards

Back to the DM:

The Whitehalls, according to an acquaintance, are very aspirational and don't mind if people think they are more posh than they are.

Whitehall's posh?!? The revelations just keep on coming. I always thought he was from Tottenham.

Anyway, the article just goes on and on in the same tedious direction. Worth a look at the comments section though :smile:
Original post by Frube
If you don't like the Daily Mail you could, you know.

Not read it ?

If the Daily Mail doesn't like Jack Whitehall's comedy they could, you know, not watch it?
I do not find Whitehall especially funny

TBFQ was as entertaining as it always is ... generally funny with a few cringe moments

The DM is well practiced in the art of making a story out of nothing ... this is an excellent example
Saw Daily Mail. Left thread.
Daily Mail are ****ing *****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending