Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What country interests you the most? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Cuba
    Iceland
    Korea (north and south)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I apologise to everyone.. I had a mojito, then this happens..
    I just had mojito too. Then the fandom came in.

ReputationRep:
    Culturally- Australia
    Politically- Germany

ReputationRep:
    Iceland!

Also the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Liechtenstein and the Seychelles.

Not so much Malta, seems a little mainstream. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orenjichan)
    Hmmm adobo rings a bell :confused: it's gonna bug me now...
    And I think it's fine ^^ it is a discussion amount countries/cultures after all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Adobo's a famous dish in our country. Does it have a different impression in your country? (Which country are you in anyway?)

This is a healthy discussion! I am learning a lot - really.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krikits)
    I just had mojito too. Then the fandom came in.
    This thread is fabulous. First countries, then bands, then mojitos. I am on a third mojito, and I really think I should go to bed after, but I might not have the will power. TSR calls.

ReputationRep:
    Adobo's a famous dish in our country. Does it have a different impression in your country? (Which country are you in anyway?)

This is a healthy discussion! I am learning a lot - really.
    I live in England but I'm originally Polish and I've been introduced to Filipino for by my ex :P that's probably why I heard it but couldn't remember what it was

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    This thread is fabulous. First countries, then bands, then mojitos. I am on a third mojito, and I really think I should go to bed after, but I might not have the will power. TSR calls.
    I am mojito deprived atm and have the same problem -.- I'm supposed to be moving tomorrow (well, today) but my Christmas time body clock thinks this is TSR time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seaton)
    Iceland!

Also the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Liechtenstein and the Seychelles.

Not so much Malta, seems a little mainstream. :awesome:
    Sad that I don't know much about Iceland and it has been mentioned for a number of times already. The right thing I could do right now is search about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Awesome power bestowed by TSR - and mojitos. Lol
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I am mojito deprived atm and have the same problem -.- I'm supposed to be moving tomorrow (well, today) but my Christmas time body clock thinks this is TSR time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bacardi offer bottles of pre-made mojitos - economical and tasty. I'm supposed to be up at 9am tomorrow but for some reason today seems to be some exceptionally interesting late-night TSR session - too much to reply to at 3:44am! I also had a bottle of mead (for the first time). Definitely recommended.

ReputationRep:
    I live in England but I'm originally Polish and I've been introduced to Filipino for by my ex :P that's probably why I heard it but couldn't remember what it was

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh... and why are you in Englaaaand?? (me and a thousand wishes to visit the place) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Bacardi offer bottles of pre-made mojitos - economical and tasty. I'm supposed to be up at 9am tomorrow but for some reason today seems to be some exceptionally interesting late-night TSR session - too much to reply to at 3:44am! I also had a bottle of mead (for the first time). Definitely recommended.
    Ah since we're talking about countries and Japan and alcohol and staying up late... A few months back I got the chance to try sake o.o it was the strangest thing I've drank so far... Pretty good though (I got it from some Korean shop so I doubt it was some quality high end stuff... )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooh... and why are you in Englaaaand?? (me and a thousand wishes to visit the place) :cool:
    I have come over in hope to one day take over by hiring James Bond to kidnap the queen B-)
    Just kidding lol
    My mum moved here to work (how stereotypical xD)and then dragged me along :P
    haha I admit moving here from anywhere in Europe is much easier than the eternal flight from the Philippines -.- I feel it for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Japan; always have done, since I was a kid.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Ah since we're talking about countries and Japan and alcohol and staying up late... A few months back I got the chance to try sake o.o it was the strangest thing I've drank so far... Pretty good though (I got it from some Korean shop so I doubt it was some quality high end stuff... )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I quite like sake. I like the idea you can have it either hot or cold, and I love those traditional square-rather-than-round containers you can drink it with. Very tasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)

And I should be eating lunch by now. It's 11:52 am here in my zone. Yes, Mead! Would would would want to try that heard that it's another tasty version of drinkable honey.
    Now, my feet are still stuck on the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    So many people like Japan...we should set up a fan club

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    And I should be eating lunch by now. It's 11:52 am here in my zone. Yes, Mead! Would would would want to try that heard that it's another tasty version of drinkable honey.
    Now, my feet are still stuck on the holidays.
    Yeah, exactly that! Alcoholic drinkable honey. 11:52! I'm tempted to cook something up for 'breakfast'. Maybe pizza.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    So many people like Japan...we should set up a fan club

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=837

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.