What country interests you the most? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futility)
    Cuba
    Iceland
    Korea (north and south)
    And I stumbled upon this!

Iceland: (www.independent.co.uk)

Iceland has the greatest equality between men and women, taking into account politics, education, employment and health indicators. The UK comes in at 16th place, down one since 2010. The worst is Yemen, and the most dangerous is Afghanistan.

So happy I'm learning.

ReputationRep:
    France and Canada are two countries that fascinate me the most. Would love to visit either of them some day.

ReputationRep:
    Now we should travel to Japan together! Realllyyy ~ <3

ReputationRep:
    Awkwarddddddd... I'm obviously still a noob to TSR ~_~;

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krikits)
    Now we should travel to Japan together! Realllyyy ~ <3
    Err... Ok let's do it?

(Original post by Orenjichan)
    Awkwarddddddd... I'm obviously still a noob to TSR ~_~;
    :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Err... Ok let's do it?

:-D
    Maybeh in a few years when I save up the money... Krikits has it MUCH closer... I'm jealous =_=

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Err... Ok let's do it?
    Let's do it now. 3,2,1... google Japan. Lol.
    Now im glued to my laptop. You guys are keeping me indescribably comfortable, even for a newbie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noorii)
    North Korea definitely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    N Korea has intimidated me since I was a child. Totalitarian scares me in some way. Hmm..

ReputationRep:
    JAPAN yayyyyyyyy
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Now im glued to my laptop. You guys are keeping me indescribably comfortable, even for a newbie.
    Good. :-)
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Maybeh in a few years when I save up the money... Krikits has it MUCH closer... I'm jealous =_=
    Yeah, it's tremendously expensive.. But worth it. I want to visit the TV Tokyo station.

ReputationRep:
    They should invent a condition where it's like you're homesick but it's a country you've actually never been in... XD that's what I'm feeling right now ;__; I have pictures of Kyoto and Tokyo printed on my wardrobe to keep me motivated at times (although right now they're covered by biology revision)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    USA, Australia, Sweden, India.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    They should invent a condition where it's like you're homesick but it's a country you've actually never been in... XD that's what I'm feeling right now ;__; I have pictures of Kyoto and Tokyo printed on my wardrobe to keep me motivated at times (although right now they're covered by biology revision)
    A few months ago I started James Heisig's Remembering the Kanji books to memorise the kanji symbols. I'll finish it sooner or later. Maybe pictures of Kyoto would help me get on with it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    A few months ago I started James Heisig's Remembering the Kanji books to memorise the kanji symbols. I'll finish it sooner or later. Maybe pictures of Kyoto would help me get on with it..
    AHHHH kanjis... I loved learning them routinely every week, I have some book on basic 200 which helps you remember them symbolically it helps... But I think I must've forgotten most by now since I haven't had time I feel terrible... I'm hoping I can take it up once again when I go to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But you're in England. (makes me more jealous *in a friendly way)
    Im a slowpoke. Noticed I reply late. Hope this thread doesn't get killed.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    AHHHH kanjis... I loved learning them routinely every week, I have some book on basic 200 which helps you remember them symbolically it helps... But I think I must've forgotten most by now since I haven't had time I feel terrible... I'm hoping I can take it up once again when I go to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely look up Heisig's RTK, they use a mnemonic system to relieve the dependency on rote memorisation. I've memorised about 200 or so, then I got distracted and have been learning Esperanto. Definitely the best kanji method though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exlunu)
    JAPAN yayyyyyyyy
    ^ This, obviously since its my field of study.

I find countries that exist outside viral ideas like Islam/Christianity/Communism interesting. So India would be second. Not that that means I'd particularly like to visit until they cut out the corruption and develop. Countries I'd like to visit would be ones with barrier reefs and things like that which are interesting in a totally different way.

ReputationRep:
    Japan for it's technological advancement and development. They are way ahead of time when it comes to technology!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people find this very helpful.

http://www.shop.kanjikreativ.com/demo.php

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.