Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What country interests you the most? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Brazil and South America

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krikits)
    Sad that I don't know much about Iceland and it has been mentioned for a number of times already. The right thing I could do right now is search about it!
    I love all the 'small' countries, would love to do a tour of the Carribbean islands!

ReputationRep:
    Id love to go to either Australia or brazil

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Japan, I'd love to go there :3 The Galápagos Islands seem amazing too though...

ReputationRep:
    Japan for the food, the scenery and the history but also for Tokyo and for anime.

ReputationRep:
    Tough one.

Italy, Greece and Turkey - Because I'm a bit of a Roman History fan
    Japan - High tech, unique culture,
    Canada - I want to live there when I'm older so naturally I'm interested in finding out about the place and hopefully visiting
    North Korea - for obvious reasons
    India - for the sheer size and range of cultures , probably top of my list to visit right now.

ReputationRep:
    UK all the way!

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand and Iceland because of their beauty and Canada to visit McGill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnkesd)
    No offense but I'm pretty sure Australian culture is just English culture with a cheap accent, sunburnt skin, and a surfboard.

I can't really argue with your picking Germany for politics because I don't know much about that. In Canada, where I'm from the only aspect of German politics we're educated on is the Nazi Party.
    True, Aussie culture does stretch that far, but throw in a cold beer and a bbq on a beach and the culture is sold to me

Well historically, their politics are fascinating, i.e. the Nazi party, but so was the unification of Germany and the rise of Germany as an economic powerhouse to all but running the Eurozone today is very interesting to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seaton)
    I love all the 'small' countries, would love to do a tour of the Carribbean islands!
    Yeah. Imagine the resorts and the attractive villas and the waters! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Japan for the food, the scenery and the history but also for Tokyo and for anime.
    (Original post by Patriot Rich)
    Tough one.

Japan - High tech, unique culture,
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    Definitely Japan, I'd love to go there :3 The Galápagos Islands seem amazing too though...
    Sigh. Japan. The group's building up! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackTeh96)
    UK all the way!
    UK - (partly the reason why I stumbled here, on TSR)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krikits)
    I agree. They're so good in balancing things. Even the minimalist inspired designs usually follow the rules of the Japanese. We've been hit by the japanese bullet.
    This guy was pretty cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lloyd_Wright

Name:  FallingwaterWright.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  104.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    Probably North Korea
    The best Korea.

ReputationRep:
    The United Kingdom! (might be slightly biased )

Theres something here for everyone! The intellect, the party animal, or even if you just want to relax or if you just want to meet new people.

- and its likely to be very different to the Philippines.. and you wont need to bother learning a new language either as you speak english already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    This guy was pretty cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lloyd_Wright

Name:  FallingwaterWright.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  104.0 KB
    Yesss. Architect Frank Lloyd Wright. My ideal architect and - largely influenced by the Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex J)
    The United Kingdom! (might be slightly biased )

Theres something here for everyone! The intellect, the party animal, or even if you just want to relax or if you just want to meet new people.

- and its likely to be very different to the Philippines.. and you wont need to bother learning a new language either as you speak english already
    You should take me to UK. Lol. Kidding.

ReputationRep:
    Singapore

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard)
    China definitely Would love to go there someday.
    Hah. May I say welcome to china!! She is really wonderful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really interested in the former communist Eastern European nations for some reason. I have a bit of a thing for Romania. Been to Croatia, Albania and Serbia but haven't been to Romania yet.

Also, would love to go to Scandanavia. Bergen would be my number one choice of Scandanavian city.

Also: Japan

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.