Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Labour to force poor to work Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabemed)
    Work is the best thing for people with no direction and building their self respect, and their children will develop a work ethic to become productive adults. How in the long term can reintroducing people to work be a bad thing?
    ineffective use of tax payers money is always a bad thing...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, more impossible claims or stupid ideas.
    Unless Labour revert back to what they did under Blair, and which put us in this situation, they are going to have to make jobs out of thin air because in many areas there are simply no jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    I hope people vote sensibly rather than a Party with NO POLICIES. We oppose the government but we have no policies
    Remind me, what do lib dem policies look like? When i voted lib dem at the previous election, this is what i thought i would get

ReputationRep:
    This country isn't tough enough on benefit scroungers and never has been. While it's very ironic that Labour have decided just now to turn the hammer on them it's the right thing. Those that created the problem in the first place should solve it.

As far as I'm concerned, those that don't wanna work, those that choose not to work; those that want to live off the state should be deported. I welcome immigration because they want to do the rubbish jobs. They want to work.

Especially in the North; this needs to stop.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm against this proposal primarily because it will distort the job market significantly and make it harder for people who are not on JSA to obtain menail part time work. All that will happen is that any staff replacements will come from the JSA batch supported by this scheme so that the net employment gain will not be significant and will block out students or others not on JSA but who are looking for menial work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.