Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    .lkadfjoiaejf;io

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedbomb)
    All my life I've hated my Dad and usually he makes me look like bad person in a situation. ........I don't get angry at anyone, but he's controlling everything about my life.
    I don't like my dad either, i guess we're on the same boat for that reason but your dad definitely sounds better than mine, he always blames everything on me it's like he doesn't want to be wrong, but when someone proves he's wrong he just stays quiet. He always forgets that I'm there sometimes, once he said to me that 'I've forgotten about you', and the amount of time he picks on my mum, for doing something wrong I just feel like shouting at him but I can't as I'm too scared. AND I have his anger, i get angry really quickly but i'm also very emotional.

ReputationRep:
    I think the relationship between you and your father is past the point of reconciliation at any level. Your best bet is to look around for a job and try to move out. It won't get any better considering you're still living there and he brings you down by bringing up personal issues such as the medication thing. It's just downright spiteful. Have you ever talked to your mum about it? Asked her to intervene? If not, I suggest you do that. If she doesn't want to still speak out after you address your concerns about your father then just find a way to move out asap. You're going to drown yourself in sorrow over a man who is not worth it.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Two sides to every story. Have you tried to understand your dad's behaviour, and then analysed your own in an effort to understand your interactions and why they turn out the way they do? Have you tried explaining to your dad about how you feel to allow him the chance to understand things and work towards the pair of you making changes to make everyone happier?

ReputationRep:
    adsl;fjal;sdjflskajf

ReputationRep:
    fmdksp

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he has control over your whole family. I would try to move out ASAP. Even if this means living off benefits for a bit. Try and find a cheap flat that housing benefit will cover or get onto housing association lists. The sooner you are out the better.

I'd also consider cutting your dad out or having as little contact as you can considering other family members. Your dad is controlling and abusive. If your family can't see that for themselves then you have to leave them to it, but you can still be in their lives, just cut your dad out as best you can.

ReputationRep:
    lkjh

ReputationRep:
    You sound batty.

ReputationRep:
    Find a job as soon as possible and try moving out. But seriously, how can your mother allow this, have you even told her that your father behaves with you like that? If I were a mother and husband would behave like that with any of my children, I'd kick that nasty pig out of the home!

I fully understand you, my dad wasn't perfect too, actually I hate him what he has done to my mother! I don't remember any good childhood memory spending some time like a father and son would. He just cared about his friends and alcohol, always told me to get lost when I wanted to see what he's doing etc. Like once went to the garage to see what he was making and he just told me to get out and do not disturb him. Since my mother was working hard because parents were small farmers and had some greenhouses, I've spent all my time by playing alone, going to the places where small children shouldn't be like abandoned dangerous buildings etc. My mother couldn't watch me all day because she needed money to earn and my father most of the time was busy with drinking... I won't forgive him when a dog attacked me and bite into my leg, that wasn't a tall dog but still I was young and scared, but the dog didn't want to let my leg and he just hanged there until the owner (he was drunk) called his dog. I had teeth spots on my leg and it was painful, so all the way back home I was going and crying. My father didn't defend or help me, he just stood, laughed and said that I deserved that... I wish I didn't go there but my mother needed help from my father so I went to look for him.

My father wasn't close when the first time I've learnt to ride a bike, he wasn't there when I first time caught a fish, he never came to school (he only dropped us and either sat in the car or went to see his buddies). I've seen lots of violence from him like once he threw a brick at me and I got a bruise on my knee, he used to beat my mother almost every day, we had to sleep in a barn or at neighbours, mother always had to keep a hatchet under her bed in case he becomes aggressive again and etc. Once I couldn't stand all that and ran to nearby village to call my sister who lived in a town to take us. After that we started like a new life without him and living in a peace.

But this is not about me, it's about you, so I hope everything will be okay for you because who knows, things might get even worse if you stay there for longer. Do you have any relatives that could be able to help you? Like aunts, uncles, cousins? You should talk with them and tell what's happening. Or look for a support from local community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedbomb)
    Yeah, I'm on the housing register list. I called them last week to find out when I'll move out but they told me to call again next week. All I can do now is call them and wait. I do 99.9% of the time avoid him at all cost but when I'm in a relaxed social situation with other family/friends I forget about him and even start chatting to him, this evening that happened and what to expect - he shouted me down so I was quiet. Having my own flat would be great, not easy or the perfect way to end up after studies but if it means not living with him I will do it. Thanks for the advice!
    Is that just with the council? If so you'll be waiting forever. There is no priority for a single person with nobody relying on them. Make sure you are signed up for all housing association lists in your area too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    You sound batty.
    You sound like a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Look for a job and keep busy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.