The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by cmassey
I can't believe I was checking Camsis daily from February for this haha! So frustrating to find out now how they work (or don't work). I'm 50/50 atm on even finding out this week!

Original post by mmk6891
Same here from the end of January checking even like 2 to 3 times a day hahaha, I honestly don't know what to think.. happy that I'm not the only one in the same situation at least

But why were you checking so early when the department website said decisions would only be available from end March? (and yes I do realise that is a long time ago now!)
Reply 201
Original post by virtsou
i phoned the graduate admissions office and they told me that from the beginning of the previous week they have not informed by the department about their decision. So im afraid we have to wait for a long time...

What do you mean by beginning of the previous week?

Original post by sj27
But why were you checking so early when the department website said decisions would only be available from end March? (and yes I do realise that is a long time ago now!)

I know, I was checking "just in case" that's how I am heheh, obviously not 2-3 times a day in february though...
Reply 202
Last monday i think i sent am
Email and they told me that they will recommend me for a conditional offer and the status should be update by the end of the previous week. Today i phoned the graduate admissions but they haven't receive the recommendation fron the department

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 203
So if they haven't yet finalised decisions... and it takes BOGS over a week to update accounts after being told by department.. I'm guessing we won't find out for at least over one week.
What a bunch of idiots! Comeon already. losing it!
Reply 204
My application status is: "Your application is being reviewed by the degree committee"

how long does it stay with degree committee? i thought that in Business school the degree committee and the department are the same.
I think there is enough information on this status in this year's as well as last year's thread, plus see the general Cambridge postgraduate thread.. But apart from the experiences mentioned there, nobody can look into people's minds. At one point we all just have to wait. :smile:
Reply 206
Earlier i red the last year s status but all the applicants moved from department to BoGS without this stage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Original post by cmassey
I also emailed last week and all they could say was something along the lines of final decisions are about to be made.. hopefully that's a good sign if people already got rejections back. But still.. I agree.. how hard can it be to update camsis for ppl!

Same here. Guess we are in the waiting list of waiting list...
Reply 208
Original post by verger
Same here. Guess we are in the waiting list of waiting list...

Same - guess it's still a good thing that we haven't been rejected yet but I am slowly starting to lose hope...
Reply 209
Two of my friends got accepted to this course today. They had camsis status change to BoGS.
Reply 210
Hello! 8)
So what college is everyone going to?? Fitzwilliam is one if the further ones away, so i slightly regret not selecting a college / submitting an open application.
But i did hear that many people do not end up with their college choices anyways?
Reply 211
Clare Hall.
Reply 212
Original post by mmk6891
Same - guess it's still a good thing that we haven't been rejected yet but I am slowly starting to lose hope...

I suppose not a good thing....basically few places left to be allocated after all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
Original post by verger
I suppose not a good thing....basically few places left to be allocated after all...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily. We don't know how many offers have been given. Especially as they over-prescribe always on the assumption some won't meet the entrance requirements/won't turn up etc.
Reply 214
Earlier in the morning the status of application became "awaiting consideration by BoGS"
So i suppose that they finished the selection process and shortly they will change all the statuses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215
Original post by virtsou
Earlier in the morning the status of application became "awaiting consideration by BoGS"
So i suppose that they finished the selection process and shortly they will change all the statuses

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is BoGS like an unofficial confirmation of your place? Is it possible to get rejected even after the BoGS stage?
Reply 216
Original post by zingerbmt
Is BoGS like an unofficial confirmation of your place? Is it possible to get rejected even after the BoGS stage?

It is more a paperwork checking exercise.

As threeportdrift said

Originally Posted by threeportdrift

You've got a place unless you lied on your application, didn't disclose that your bachelors degree was gained by mail order, or some other obscure bit of fraud/deception. The department clearly had to qualms about this happening, as they have contacted you directly (against university rules).

It could take BoGS an eternity to update the website, or it could happen tomorrow, it just depends what they are prioritising at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 217
Seems a group more people went into BoGs in the last two days. I wonder when they will send me an email to reject me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Original post by virtsou
It is more a paperwork checking exercise.

How do they check the paperwork?

If lets say a student from a random university somewhere in Brazil applied, how are they going to verify his documents? Are they going to ring up the university or something like that?

In contrast with someone from a reputed British institute; how are his documents going to be verified? I am sure that it is against the law for universities to disclose information on their students without his permission.

Just curious :smile:
Reply 219
Original post by virtsou

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you suppose this? How does them offering you an offer translate to them changing all the statuses and finishing the process?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending