Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zingerbmt)
    How do they check the paperwork?

If lets say a student from a random university somewhere in Brazil applied, how are they going to verify his documents? Are they going to ring up the university or something like that?

In contrast with someone from a reputed British institute; how are his documents going to be verified? I am sure that it is against the law for universities to disclose information on their students without his permission.

Just curious
    For a number of people, they require hard copy originals or certified copies of transcripts and manually check them. And I am sure it is perfectly legal for a uni to confirm or otherwise a transcript that a student has sent them purporting to be from that uni. Otherwise anyone, even from a "reputed British institute" could falsify documents for academic or job applications without fear of being found out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmassey)
    Why would you suppose this? How does them offering you an offer translate to them changing all the statuses and finishing the process?
    Some days earlier when i phoned them in order to ask why they dont update the camsis one woman told me that it is possible to wait for all the applications and maybe they will update the system when they will finish with the decisions. I am not sure if this is correct to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by virtsou)
    Some days earlier when i phoned them in order to ask why they dont update the camsis one woman told me that it is possible to wait for all the applications and maybe they will update the system when they will finish with the decisions. I am not sure if this is correct to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah k... we'll I'm still hoping haha

congragulations though!

ReputationRep:
    Ah k... we'll I'm still hoping haha

congragulations though!
    same...Anyone else still receive nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verger)
    same...Anyone else still receive nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

still nothing here, might send them ANOTHER email later today...

ReputationRep:
    Gosh. they told me TEN days ago that I had been rejected. And my status is still "under consideration by the dept" lol-

ReputationRep:
    "Application unsuccessful". Congrats to those got offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Application unsuccessful". Congrats to those got offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear that man - was it through camsis? When did you hear back? I'm still under consideration...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmk6891)
    Sorry to hear that man - was it through camsis? When did you hear back? I'm still under consideration...
    Yes Camsis..20mins ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes Camsis..20mins ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, good luck for your other applications!

ReputationRep:
    "Application Unsuccessful"

Not surprised considering I applied 3rd February 2013.

ReputationRep:
    still under consideration by department! So nervous! It seems everything is happening now..almost as if someone is switching camsis over either one way or the other this very second!

ReputationRep:
    still under consideration by department! So nervous! It seems everything is happening now..almost as if someone is switching camsis over either one way or the other this very second!
    Same, I'm refreshing this thread and checking camsis every few minutes hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Er.
    okay. the weirdest thing happend. Received an email saying it was a "mistake" and that "The Director and Admissions Committee have decided to recommend you for an offer" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT THE HELL????????????

So now.. what is the next step for me? Someone tell me please!!!! (im too excited to think right now!!!)...

ReputationRep:
    I'm speechless. I received an unconditional offer. I can't believe it.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce303ce303)
    Shockingly bad on their part to make a mistake like that but well done! Maybe someone got confused with the Spanish grading system (...but really...). Are you accepting it?

ReputationRep:
    Perfect time to celebrate congrats!

I'm still under consideration, sent another email an hour ago (to someone else) but I guess I'll have to wait until next week

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!!! Very nice news. Im really happy for you!! We will be classmates :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmk6891)
    Perfect time to celebrate congrats!

I'm still under consideration, sent another email an hour ago (to someone else) but I guess I'll have to wait until next week
    Well good luck!

(Original post by sj27)
    Shockingly bad on their part to make a mistake like that but well done! Maybe someone got confused with the Spanish grading system (...but really...). Are you accepting it?
    I know... very confussing! I'm definetely accepting though... won't get too excited until I'm 100% sure im in!

(Original post by virtsou)
    Yes!!!! Very nice news. Im really happy for you!! We will be classmates :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

YAAAAY! very exciting!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Still under consideration! I can't believe they haven't made a decision/at least gone to the effort to email saying you're on the waiting list. I'm super annoyed! Now another whole weekend of waiting! How many others are still under consideration? Wel done to this who already have got in!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.