Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimitris18)
    Got an offer a few days ago. Now waiting for college. If there any other offer holders please send pm!
    Ohhh I'm so envíous! Please share your bbackground! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My background:
    MEng Electrical Engineering, University of Sheffield
    1st Class predicted.

I might not accept the offer however because I can't afford it
    I am considering instead going for one my job offers.

Regards

ReputationRep:
    My background:
    1st Class predicted.

Regards
    thanks

well, congratulations anyways! Any internships or sthg? I haven't done any and I have the feeling I have a poor background

ReputationRep:
    My background:
    1st Class predicted.

Regards
    Haven't heard back from JBS but was actually thinking about the money issue as well. But shouldn't it be relatively manageable to get some kind of scholarship funding for domestic students? I think working first and doing an MBA afterwards might be a great option too tho. If you decide to work first, don't forget to tell JBS so that other applicants can be considered. However, I don't wanna push you into any direction, especially since I don't know the details. But it sure sounds as if you've got two great options and neither will be bad at all You might want to contact some current students of the programme, if you haven't already. Maybe their views on the programme can help you with your decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce303ce303)
    thanks

well, congratulations anyways! Any internships or sthg? I haven't done any and I have the feeling I have a poor background
    yeap I have had 4 internships. But I don't think it counts that much.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything new?

ReputationRep:
    nothing....but sure its not a good sign i applied in sept/octob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_aria)
    nothing....but sure its not a good sign i applied in sept/octob
    like me... well, i cant wait to know. mainly because i want to be able to plan my future in case the answer is 'no'... which is the most likely outcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Two more weeks....

ReputationRep:
    like me... well, i cant wait to know. mainly because i want to be able to plan my future in case the answer is 'no'... which is the most likely outcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i know what you mean, its been a frustrating ride. all the best. i applied in late jan and am waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candycrush)
    i know what you mean, its been a frustrating ride. all the best. i applied in late jan and am waiting.
    well, i was actually looking at the 2012-2013 thread for Mphil in management and some people didn't find out until april!!! Few. Hope we found out before!

ReputationRep:
    and some got the offer as late as may....its a bunch of us that have not heard anything so fingers crossed even though i highly doubt there is gonna be any news before easter...

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering... how many people can be accepted into the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering... how many people can be accepted into the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i believe class size is at about 50

ReputationRep:
    Last year applied 317 persons (24,9% offers and 12,9% admissions).
    The 2012-2013 class had 52 students

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i know the prefer students who already hold a british first degree.....

ReputationRep:
    i know the prefer students who already hold a british first degree.....
    Really? 79% of the current class that are not from the UK...do you honestly think they all went to UK for undergrad?

http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/...ssprofile.html

ReputationRep:
    of course i don't believe that all students have GBR undergrad. But this is what i have noticed and been told from cambridge alumni.
    i was mainly speaking personally since i believe i qualify for a position in the mphil and still haven't heard anything . FYI i am a re-aplicant from last year, graduated 1/170 in Economics, very prestigious banking internship and yet not a world while last year they told me that at that late point even though my application was strong they could not take me.....so really i dont see any other obstacle?

ReputationRep:
    of course i don't believe that all students have GBR undergrad. But this is what i have noticed and been told from cambridge alumni.
    i was mainly speaking personally since i believe i qualify for a position in the mphil and still haven't heard anything . FYI i am a re-aplicant from last year, graduated 1/170 in Economics, very prestigious banking internship and yet not a world while last year they told me that at that late point even though my application was strong they could not take me.....so really i dont see any other obstacle?
    Did you apply late last year? Do you have the same referees?
    Most decisions aren't out yet and won't be till at least month-end (read the FAQs), so maybe that's why still haven't heard anything yet...

ReputationRep:
    Most of the alumni that I had a look at were at the very top of their class. So this looks as if is just one the factors. Also I did not even realise how competitive this programme was until I got into this forum and started looking into it further!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.