Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i did not meant it t hat way : i meant that my case could be really different if i had first undergrad in uk. and for many others they do have many nationalities but it doesnt mean they dont come from uk unis. i took a gap year pursuing a prestigious internship and hoped i would have known from them by now

ReputationRep:
    Wondering whether we MPhil applicants can also get to "Under consideration by degree committee". Seems like applicants of other programs do before going to BoGS and receiving an offer. But from last year's thread I'm unsure whether it's "Under consideration by department" -> BoGS / rejection or whether there is something inbetween..

I'm stil at the department stage.

ReputationRep:
    has anybody received any news?

im still under consideration by the department...i'm seriously staring to consider e-mailng them...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they just wait to send out offers and mass rejections on the last day of March, haha.

ReputationRep:
    still no news..

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I applied to the MPhil in Finance at JBS. My status was "Awaiting decision by the BOGS" and when I checked my application today, I could not find it and the whole site said (when I logged into the camsis): "You do not have any currently active applications." Any idea what that could mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragilista)
    Hi all, I applied to the MPhil in Finance at JBS. My status was "Awaiting decision by the BOGS" and when I checked my application today, I could not find it and the whole site said (when I logged into the camsis): "You do not have any currently active applications." Any idea what that could mean?
    Try to log out, restart the browser (or delete cookies), and log back in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "application with degree committee"

what does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    mine went from "Application with degree committee" (just happened yesterday) to "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies" just a few moments ago! I'm still cautious and waiting tho..

ReputationRep:
    hey bluesocks, im in a similar position as you. keeping my fingers crossed now. hopefully it goes smoothly.

ReputationRep:
    My application is still under consideration by department

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    still under consideration by the department as well

ReputationRep:
    My status just changed to "application with degree committee"
    Is this a good sign? I assume this isn't just a formality, and I'm still not "safe"

ReputationRep:
    Got the offer yesterday, good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deniztpb)
    Got the offer yesterday, good luck to you all!
    Congratulations! Was your application ever under the status "application with degree committee" or did it just change to "awaiting decision by the BOGs?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andtyau)
    Congratulations! Was your application ever under the status "application with degree committee" or did it just change to "awaiting decision by the BOGs?"
    The last time I checked (few days before I received the conditional offer), it was saying "awaiting decision by the BOGs". But I have no idea whether the status was ever "application with degree committee", because I did not check it previously.

ReputationRep:
    My status just changed to "awaiting decision by the BOGs"
    Good luck to everyone! I guess they'll be sending out a lot of offers in the next little while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andtyau)
    My status just changed to "awaiting decision by the BOGs"
    Good luck to everyone! I guess they'll be sending out a lot of offers in the next little while!
    congratulations!!!

im still at the department stage :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce303ce303)
    congratulations!!!

im still at the department stage :-(
    Me too :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by virtsou)
    Me too :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im really eager to know. just to be able to plan my future lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.