Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce303ce303)
    Really??! Does that mean that although we are still at the department stage in camsis Cambridge may already know if we have been or not rejected? If so, shouldn't we also try emailing them?
    I thinks so....

ReputationRep:
    any news anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanshen)
    I would seriously doubt that. The department is just insanely inefficient. Please don't start stressing until you actually have a reply on camsis. They really do issue offers very very late.
    yeah, that's what I thought..

oh well, we will just have to wait and see! I still haven't heard a thing! :confused::eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanshen)
    I know it's really frustrating, but in a way no news at this stage is good news. They will be weeding out those they don't want in the final selection phase now. Everyday you don't hear anything brings you closer to being in the final offers round. I really wouldn't worry. To get to this stage must mean you have a pretty solid chance.

PS. As someone who is using this opportunity to reply as a way to procrastinate and put off an essay for Globalisation and Big Business. DON'T take that module... it is absolutely awful. For all those successful in getting a place on the programme, you're welcome. I just saved you 8 pointless, dreary weeks of ineffectual teaching and poorly structured content.
    haha well good to know!
    the thing is that I dont know whether the JBS has actually started to send out rejections, so Im not sure whether still being at the department stage is a good sign

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No news anybody? this is getting ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmassey)
    No news anybody? this is getting ridiculous!
    im under consideration by department for about 200 days...
    so i can understand your feelings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by virtsou)
    im under consideration by department for about 200 days...
    so i can understand your feelings
    Same here. Applied in Oct and in department.......Ready to get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also under consideration by department... I have offers from Imperial and Lse but Cambridge was the first university I applied to (and with the shortest application form where you couldn't even attach an essay or your cv!)

I emailed them around 10days ago asking about the status of my application and saying that I had other offers I had to reply to pretty soon but they haven't replied back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmk6891)
    I'm also under consideration by department... I have offers from Imperial and Lse but Cambridge was the first university I applied to (and with the shortest application form where you couldn't even attach an essay or your cv!)

I emailed them around 10days ago asking about the status of my application and saying that I had other offers I had to reply to pretty soon but they haven't replied back...
    Thanks for your information..Pretty the same situation. Got offer from LSE and Imperial. Could you please tell us what they say if they reply?? Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verger)
    Thanks for your information..Pretty the same situation. Got offer from LSE and Imperial. Could you please tell us what they say if they reply?? Thanks...
    Yeah if I have any news I'll post here, let's hope for the best!
    I think I read somewhere that by the end of march they've dealt with ~80% of the applications... it shouldn't take this long for the remaining 20%.

I'm also hoping that in case I get an offer, the rest of the department is not as inefficient as their admission staff...

ReputationRep:
    80% ??? but so many of us haven't heard a thing! i have the feeling they are running late this year..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I might be wrong and just dreaming about things now after all this time waiting and checking the tracker... hahah. Good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how difficult this course is to get into in relation to other programmes at cambridge? I know a couple of us who have already been accepted into other courses (in other departments) but still haven't heard back from management. Is Management particularly hard to get into?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how difficult this course is to get into in relation to other programmes at cambridge? I know a couple of us who have already been accepted into other courses (in other departments) but still haven't heard back from management. Is Management particularly hard to get into?
    yeap. apparently is one of the most popular ones...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmk6891)

Unfortunately i did the same. I told them that i have to reply pretty soon but they told me that they cant do anything. For now i asked for a defer for UCL place in order to accept LSE. IF cambridge wants me i will see what i will do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by virtsou)
    Unfortunately i did the same. I told them that i have to reply pretty soon but they told me that they cant do anything. For now i asked for a defer for UCL place in order to accept LSE. IF cambridge wants me i will see what i will do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should have applied for another programme back then..

ReputationRep:
    By Cambridge standards, not particularly: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/camdata/gpmgt.html

Seeing as their FAQ says they only start communicating from late March, it's possible they don't start looking at applications as early as some other departments? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

new on here!!

Is there a facebook group for offer holders of the Mphil in Management?

Also, I am hesitating between the Cambridge MPhil in Management and LSE, does anybody have any views? Pros and cons between the two?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard of a facebook group yet for offer holders, but we should make one! Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear back!

ReputationRep:
    if I apply as a business major, will I be rejected for 100% ?

I really would like to do this master!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.