Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I received my offer to study BA (Hons) Media Production at Coventry University last night. I was excited although it is not my first choice. I was wondering, can someone tell me what's it like to study this course at Coventry? Is it good? What are the job prospects after uni? Also is Coventry good for media? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm there, Its a really good course and the final year students do some interesting work, they seem to go all over the place

According to Unistats it has the best graduate employment of any media production course in the country- 90% and they are also really helpful in getting us work experience. i really like the lecturers- they are down to earth and spend a lot of time with you. I've heard my friends on other media courses hardly see their tutors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaTeo)
    Hello. I received my offer to study BA (Hons) Media Production at Coventry University last night. I was excited although it is not my first choice. I was wondering, can someone tell me what's it like to study this course at Coventry? Is it good? What are the job prospects after uni? Also is Coventry good for media? Thanks!

I've applied there for media production and really want to go!
    Still no reply from them though
    I went there for the open day and I fell in love with it!
    The lecturers were really lovely and friendly and I got to talk to them after for ages
    Everything was really good there and you get a free macbook! (which is always a plus)
    Coventry itself was really nice too
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I work for the Coventry University Media department and have just finished contacting our 2012 leavers as part of the DHLE survey-which is where Unistats gets the information about employment statistics from.
    There are only 7 students out of 67 Media Production graduates who we have confirmed are unemployed or jobseeking right now, which is not bad.
    We have 2 groups of students who have set up their own production companies.
    If you'd like to see some of our students' work,there are some links below:
    http://www.latitudethemovie.com/
    http://www.blueridgefilmgroup.com/
    http://www.cleverlensmedia.co.uk/
    Hoping to see you in September!
    Caroline
    CDA for Media

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying it now, it's definitely a good course, the lecturers are great and they all have good careers in the industry so they know what they're talking about.
    The resources are great, the free macbook is a bonus and it means you can use high end technology like the Adobe programs from home which makes completing work much easier! There's also a media loan shop where you can rent out high end filmmaking equipment for free; I've been able to take out equipment to make a short film over summer which is pretty cool.
    It's what you make it, if you go there and expect to just fall into a good job without putting in any effort outside of the course then it won't be worth your while, whereas if you get involved in things and do stuff outside of the course too then it's a great asset for a career in the media. The facilities and staff are great, the modules are OK although I do find that the theory based lectures seem to be a bit childish; the theory is often exactly what is covered at GCSE or A level, but in less detail which is a bit frustrating.
    It's a good place to go, have a look at the societies; I'm now the secretary for the East Asian Film Society and had the opportunity to go to the Far East Film Festival in Italy this year writing film reviews for publication, working as press and interviewing famous directors; you don't get opportunities like that handed to you on a plate if you choose not to go to uni, and Coventry definitely offers a great range of things to get involved with.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Is anyone planning to go to Coventry in September 2013 for media production? and staying in callice court??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.