Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level History. How long should the answers be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How long should the answers be for the 12pt and the 24pt questions.
    I know that that obvious answer is use up all your time, but what is the least amount that they would expect from you?
    How many words, how many paragraphs etc?

ReputationRep:
    is this AS level ? . In AS i did around a page and a bit for a 12 marker and around two pages and a bit for the 24 marker But its always quality over quantity .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unmotivated)
    is this AS level ? . In AS i did around a page and a bit for a 12 marker and around two pages and a bit for the 24 marker But its always quality over quantity .

Hey yes, AS level.
    Did you say 2 pages for 12 and 4 pages for 24 pt?
    What did you get, an A*?

Also for the paper in A2, not the coursework material, is it in similar style there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupiditasMetam)
    Hey yes, AS level.
    Did you say 2 pages for 12 and 4 pages for 24 pt?
    What did you get, an A*?

Also for the paper in A2, not the coursework material, is it in similar style there?

Also, their booklets are somewhat different aren't they?
    They have like 30 or so lines each page, so that would be an extra 50% over standard pages, or am I saying something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    for AS level you only need about a 1 PAGE [ so one side ] and a bit as you only need around 3 points + a conclusion.
    for the 24 marker you need around double this, so two sides and a bit .
    well no sorry to say i did not get an A* but i'm actually doing my retake soon and to be honest if you write alot more than that your probably just waffling . does this make more sense now ? soz if i wasnt so clear

ReputationRep:
    O right and yh for A2 you get like 45 mark question so you have to write like 4 sides :/

ReputationRep:
    For AS its about 1 and 1/2 pages for the 12 mark and about 2 pages for the 24 mark, for A2 you get two 45 mark questions so that is splitting your time evenly and writing about 4 or 4 and 1/2 pages. But I guess it depends on how big or small your writing is. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the as history exam this Wednesday?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zako)
    Is anyone doing the as history exam this Wednesday?

Me and I'm scared as hell, any tips on what to revise? I've spent 50% of my time reading everything on here, and can't remember a single thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unmotivated)
    for AS level you only need about a 1 PAGE [ so one side ] and a bit as you only need around 3 points + a conclusion.
    for the 24 marker you need around double this, so two sides and a bit .
    well no sorry to say i did not get an A* but i'm actually doing my retake soon and to be honest if you write alot more than that your probably just waffling . does this make more sense now ? soz if i wasnt so clear

When are you doing your retakes? And what are you retaking, aiming, where applying?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the AS Britain unit 1906-1951! Im sure if we all collaborate we can help each other! And I'm applying for history at Kent, Essex, uc Suffolk, Chichester and anglia Ruskin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zako)
    Is anyone doing the AS Britain unit 1906-1951! Im sure if we all collaborate we can help each other! And I'm applying for history at Kent, Essex, uc Suffolk, Chichester and anglia Ruskin.

Me, and I'm crying over it. Hasn't been 1906-1914 for 4 years in a row and January sittings. Not sure if its their tradition or that it just must show up now

I'd love some help myself! I only have 1 more day to revise and I haven't got a clue on what to do!

ReputationRep:
    But 1906-14 is the easiest part!!!! :O and I'll help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zako)
    But 1906-14 is the easiest part!!!! :O and I'll help you

Wow thanks! And I also think it's the easiest part, so I hope it shows up!
    Do you want to discuss it all tomorrow or what?
    I'd really need some help, especially on 14-40 years
    40-54 I decided not to do at all, there is so much to learn there TT
    But yea, only 3 of those 4 periods show up, and I'm hoping one of them is the 1906-14! I really suck at the other 2

ReputationRep:
    You can't gamble! I'm up to discuss It anytime, I'm just doing past paper questions, have you done any? Damn so you need help from 1914-40? And you can't miss 40-51!? :O so wait what periods do you think will come up on wednesday? I'll post a link to you, it's a revision pack, all you have to do is create a login, trust me it's useful!

ReputationRep:
    Make a log in and use this as soon as possible!
    http://getrevising.co.uk/revision-ca...tain_19061951/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zako)
    You can't gamble! I'm up to discuss It anytime, I'm just doing past paper questions, have you done any? Damn so you need help from 1914-40? And you can't miss 40-51!? :O so wait what periods do you think will come up on wednesday? I'll post a link to you, it's a revision pack, all you have to do is create a login, trust me it's useful!

Thanks! Well I can't really do it in a single day! I will probably have to retake it in summer (
    I have answered some of the previous questions, but only for my other unit, I just cannot do anything with this one, I been reading and re-reading, trying to memorise and all... but I fail.
    There are 4 periods
    1906-1914
    1914-1929
    1929-1940
    1940-1954

3 of those will come up, and you choose 2 out of 3 periods, each period has 2 questions within it. I just look at the questions from past papers... and don't know what to say, and I am so tired now after my politics exam... I am very thankful that you have replied to this thread however, if you have time tomorrow, I'd love to go like heavyload on it with you, I will actually be fine even with a B on this unit as long as I can get an A on my other one, but even a B seems like a hard task now TT

ReputationRep:
    Hm you need to be optimistic and make the most out of the time you have now, what's your other unit?

Hm I think your best chance is do past paper questions and look over the relevant topics at the same time.

I'm also having problems remember context, this unit has so much content in it

so which 2 periods do you think will come up on Wednesday?

How many exams have you got this month?

Your welcome yeah man that's fine by me just let me know when tomorrow, I'd be happy with a B too lol!

Could you help me with the structure and template for the 12 and 24 markers PLEASE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zako)
    Hm you need to be optimistic and make the most out of the time you have now, what's your other unit?

Hm I think your best chance is do past paper questions and look over the relevant topics at the same time.

I'm also having problems remember context, this unit has so much content in it

so which 2 periods do you think will come up on Wednesday?

How many exams have you got this month?

Your welcome yeah man that's fine by me just let me know when tomorrow, I'd be happy with a B too lol!

Could you help me with the structure and template for the 12 and 24 markers PLEASE!

I've got 4 this month. 2 in history and 2 in politics. The other History Unit that I'm taking is Life in Nazi Germany 1933-1945. I actually love the whole idea of History, I even enjoy reading the Britain one, and watching Andrew Marr series on it! I am also doing cold war in my A2 unit, and I love all this material, but this British unit is bugging me.

Yeah I can help you with the structure, I however have no information on Britain whatsoever, and will probably end up going into the exam hall not writing anything at all. I am actually considering of not going at all and revising on my other units instead

As for tomorrow I am ready whenever, but we have to do it over skype or something I don't know. I have some notes you might wanna have a look at regarding Britain, although I still don't know why I didn't study it.

Are you a private candidate like me or you had a tutor helping you with this unit?

Also that link you gave me has like over 1000 dates and events in it... there is like no way you can memorise that

Also you wouldn't believe me which unis I'm thinking of applying to... with my readyness for History... it's just a joke...

But yeah, we can revise whenever, just let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats okay, hey that's similar to me it's just I'm doing the longer erm may unit from 1918-1945 -.- and it covers more stuff like Antisemitism, holocaust and hitler. Haha what a coincidence I'm doing the cold war unit too!

I need help on how to answer the essay question and structure/template to use.

Come on man im pretty sure your not in that bad a of a situation, just go revise tonight and tomorrow by doing past papers and going through the content, or If you really haven't prepared then take a gamble?

im in my 3rd year of college I re-took AS last year

LOL! It's 82 minis flash cards! That's very used! It has all the key information.

What unis are you applying to? Lol

You let me know when you wanna revise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.