Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm stuck on what to do for my maths revision. My exam is a week next Monday, and everyday I do nothing feels like a waste. I've done all the past papers, all the Solomon papers and I even did all the last 3 questions of the past papers again. I'm really stuck what to do, help?

( c1 edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    Well how are you doing on the papers?
    If you're doing well, then stop worrying.
    If you're not doing well then go over problematic areas with your textbook, mymaths, examsolutions etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiASuts)
    Hey, I'm stuck on what to do for my maths revision. My exam is a week next Monday, and everyday I do nothing feels like a waste. I've done all the past papers, all the Solomon papers and I even did all the last 3 questions of the past papers again. I'm really stuck what to do, help?

( c1 edexcel)
    Examsolutions is the best place! Go over some of the revision videos, worked exam solutions and then attempt another past paper. This is the method I followed to self-teach myself C1-3,S1 and (learning) S2:

Watch the video/s under the topic you want to learn about/revise -> Do a past paper -> Watch the worked exam solutions and see where you went wrong -> attempt the paper again and keep doing this until you achieve 75/75. If you keep trying again-and-again then the likelihood of the method storing in your mind is very high.

Hope that helps.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Examsolutions is the best place! Go over some of the revision videos, worked exam solutions and then attempt another past paper. This is the method I followed to self-teach myself C1-3,S1 and (learning) S2:

Watch the video/s under the topic you want to learn about/revise -> Do a past paper -> Watch the worked exam solutions and see where you went wrong -> attempt the paper again and keep doing this until you achieve 65/65. If you keep trying again-and-again then the likelihood of the method storing in your mind is very high.

Hope that helps.

75/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JJ)
    Well how are you doing on the papers?
    If you're doing well, then stop worrying.
    If you're not doing well then go over problematic areas with your textbook, mymaths, examsolutions etc.
    The mistakes I tend to make now are arithmetic ones e.g 3-2=5 and I usually can never do 1 markers XD the other problem I have is triangles, so I might work on that. I don't know, I might wander about on my maths for a while. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankster)
    75/75
    Oops, my mistake. I better go and edit that now! *embarrassed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiASuts)

( c1 edexcel)
    There are some solomon worksheets you can do on each topic if you can locate those. Some of the later questions in each section are harder than usual.

Try the extension questions in any textbooks you have

I have done some revision videos for my pupils below:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...c0hYkja9yzrJoT

Feel free to use them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m4ths/maths247)
    There are some solomon worksheets you can do on each topic if you can locate those. Some of the later questions in each section are harder than usual.

Try the extension questions in any textbooks you have

I have done some revision videos for my pupils below:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...c0hYkja9yzrJoT

Feel free to use them.
    Thank you very much I shall browse them later

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.