Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've noticed that when I get my hair done its absolutely lovely!! Yet when I wash it the next day or if its windy: it becomes really frizzy!!

What can I do? Are there any hair products I can use?

(Preferably from tescos or somewhere easy to find)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Any sort of hair oil, Moroccan Oil (expensive) Is my favourite but any sort of Argan oil will do the trick. I use a small amount nd work it into damp hair after combing!

ReputationRep:
    I recommend a hot oil treatment once a week. Just heat up argan oil (pricey!) or olive oil (budget-friendly, yet effective!) in a pan and massage your scalp with it and make sure your hair is fully saturated. Then cover your hair with a shower cap and leave for atleast 1 hour (over-night is best).
    Hope that helped! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luna-lovegood)
    Any sort of hair oil, Moroccan Oil (expensive) Is my favourite but any sort of Argan oil will do the trick. I use a small amount nd work it into damp hair after combing!
    Do I avoid putting it on scalp? (Might make it look greasy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouDontWannaKnow)
    Do I avoid putting it on scalp? (Might make it look greasy)
    I avoid putting it on the scalp because i have an oily scalp, but to be honest I have to shampoo after I do the treatment anyway because otherwise it just leaves too much residue in my hair.

I'm currently using Kérastase Elixir Ultime (About £25) and it works a treat. It's an oil product but it's quite a bit heavier than some of the other ones so ideal for my thick and frizzy hair. Other than that you could try Argania (£14.99 from Boots) or L'Oréal Extraordinary Oil (About a tenner from pretty much any beauty store or large supermarket). Use it before you shampoo to prevent the loss of natural moisture, and afterwards when the hair is still damp to weigh it down and give it a bit of waterproofing, preventing frizz.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.