Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ECONOMICS
    Name:  Region capture 2.png
Views: 60
Size:  25.7 KB

The answer was A 'wages of the apple pickers' I didn't understand this, I thought if the price went down this meant the suppliers could afford to cut down the price?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd have got that by elimination because the other answers were to do with shifts.

ReputationRep:
    If you think about it like real life, if you're wages fall then productivity would fall causing a fall in demand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xelentoliver)
    ECONOMICS
    Name:  Region capture 2.png
Views: 60
Size:  25.7 KB

The answer was A 'wages of the apple pickers' I didn't understand this, I thought if the price went down this meant the suppliers could afford to cut down the price?
    The other 3 are shifts of the demand curve. In this case the lower wages mean lower costs to the producers so a downward/rightward shift of the supply curve. So if you drew the full supply/demand picture you'd have a first supply curve intersecting such that price is OP1 and a lower one after the wages fell intersecting at OP2.

ReputationRep:
    So basically, when supply shifts, there is a movement on the demand curve?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is an important thing to understand a movement along the demand curve versus a shift of the demand curve.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all, it makes sense now I look back on it!

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.