Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am studying civil engineering in September and was wondering what the best and worst accommodation is? Any additional advice on license lengths would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Best accommodation is either Astor House or St Thomas Court! I was at St Thomas Court last year (2013-14) and LOVED it! Its about an 8 minute walk to the uni and 5 mins, if that to the city centre. The rooms are really lovely and all ensuite which is a bonus! And I found Unite (the letting company) to be really helpful when needed.
    Astor house is a bit further from uni, but in a great location right next to the sea! It's all pretty modern too as it's a brand new build.
    Both of these buildings have a small Tesco's literally next door to them, which was REALLY handy, saved you carrying your shopping all the way back from town, you only have to carry it up a couple of flights of stairs.

Worst halls has to go to Gilwell. Personally, I never had the pleasure of visiting them, but after hearing it's nickname - the ghetto, I steered well clear. Oh and you don't want to stay in Alexandra Works either. Even though on the website it says it's only a 10/15 minute walk to uni, it's more like half a hour meaning you have to leave super early in time to get to your lectures.

If you've got any other questions about halls I'd be happy to answer them!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.