Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am studying civil engineering in September and was wondering what the best and worst accommodation is? Any additional advice on license lengths would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Best accommodation is either Astor House or St Thomas Court! I was at St Thomas Court last year (2013-14) and LOVED it! Its about an 8 minute walk to the uni and 5 mins, if that to the city centre. The rooms are really lovely and all ensuite which is a bonus! And I found Unite (the letting company) to be really helpful when needed.
    Astor house is a bit further from uni, but in a great location right next to the sea! It's all pretty modern too as it's a brand new build.
    Both of these buildings have a small Tesco's literally next door to them, which was REALLY handy, saved you carrying your shopping all the way back from town, you only have to carry it up a couple of flights of stairs.

Worst halls has to go to Gilwell. Personally, I never had the pleasure of visiting them, but after hearing it's nickname - the ghetto, I steered well clear. Oh and you don't want to stay in Alexandra Works either. Even though on the website it says it's only a 10/15 minute walk to uni, it's more like half a hour meaning you have to leave super early in time to get to your lectures.

If you've got any other questions about halls I'd be happy to answer them!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.