Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I regret applying for 5 average unis (for Primary Education), wish I hadnt applied for 1 of them and applied to Durham instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Kind of agree and disagree. The only problem is that a smart kid could have achieved good grades but due to reasons (not considered to be exceptional circumstances) could have flopped his exams. If you get what I mean but other than this a prediction rule should be considered.
    How the hell does someone with CCC grades get predicted AAB or something ridiculously high?!
    Yeah, of course there are pro's and con's, but i definitely think there should be at least some structure which reduces inconsistency. Haha, luckily my school seem to predict rather accurately, however I have seen some people on here with some crazy predictions!

ReputationRep:
    I regret not applying for the course i originally wanted to do! I thought i wouldn't get the grades, but now i am pretty sure i will be able to. Looks like i should have gone with my instincts as now i will probably have to reapply for 2014 entry and go through the stress of UCAS all over again! :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I regret applying for Exeter and Manchester. Didn't meet admission test cut off, so was waste of 2 choices in hindsight. :/

ReputationRep:
    Regret choosing the wrong course. Damn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A smallish regret in comparison to others in this thread; applying to Bath. As I had STEP papers (for Maths) on my UCAS forms they gave me an offer including them, when I was hoping to use it as an insurance for Cambridge or Warwick depending on where I got in. Now they have given me basically the same offer as Warwick so its useless as an insurance, I could've applied somewhere else! I have a friend who has an offer without STEP on it, making it much easier for him to get in.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had looked more into UCL before I applied, as maybe I would have realised earlier that life in London wasn't for me. If I had done that, I could have dropped Chemistry at AS level as my other choices are happy with me doing Physics and Biology and I could have carried on with Geology at A2. It's not that I don't enjoy Chemistry, I just think it would have been much easier to get an A in Geology. But seeing as Manchester (my firm) want AAA I now have to get that A in Chem, and I am not sure that I can :/

ReputationRep:
    I kinda regret not looking at any unis before applying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Kind of agree and disagree. The only problem is that a smart kid could have achieved good grades but due to reasons (not considered to be exceptional circumstances) could have flopped his exams. If you get what I mean but other than this a prediction rule should be considered.
    How the hell does someone with CCC grades get predicted AAB or something ridiculously high?!
    I got BCCC at AS and was predicted AAB for A2 ... in fairness I only got ABB but I only missed the second A by 1%, teachers generally know their ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I took risk applying to KCL for English even though I'm predicted ABB and the entrance requirements are AAA, I'm hoping that the changes to clearance mean that they'll at least consider my application, I have yet to hear from them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyrawstorne)
    I got BCCC at AS and was predicted AAB for A2 ... in fairness I only got ABB but I only missed the second A by 1%, teachers generally know their ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, you've lost me. :/

ReputationRep:
    Not applying to St Andrews...

ReputationRep:
    I regret applying to LSE. They offered me a place yesterday for Law, which is a great confidence boost, but I know now I don't want to study in London. My heart lies with Durham (which is where I'm going to go), I've just got to convince my parents that turning down LSE is the right decision (it's closer to home and closer to the big law firms, so they think it's the better option).

ReputationRep:
    Regret applying for deferred entry....I thought I wanted a gap year but I don't anymore....

ReputationRep:
    1- not getting 2 more marks in my English lit exam so I could have AAAB last year instead of AABB (mega sob)
    2- Not applying to B'ham. Loved the uni, had no faith in myself after I got my AS grades, but now I have 5 offers from pretty good unis and I really regret it!

ReputationRep:
    i'm predicted AAB, i got rejected by UCL (everyone encouraged me to apply cos they thought i would get in) so i regret not applying to institute of education instead - at least then, i know i most probably would've got accepted.

Also regret applying to Greenwich for psychology because it's Avery hill campus is in such a rough area i definitely know i wont be attending even though they gave me a conditional offer.

wish i could change my choices. :'( :'(

ReputationRep:
    I regret choosing Sussex on a whim - I wish I had chosen another AAB uni instead so Sheffield wasn't my only back-up. I have an offer from Oxford (not a brag) but knowing Sheffield is probably my only insurance choice is a bit frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyie)
    WHY did i apply to leeds..... dont even wanna go there....
    Leeds is a great place, i'm not saying that because i live here

ReputationRep:
    I regret only applying to one uni (swansea), I had AAA at AS and am predicted AAA at A level, yet I have applied for English studies asking for BCD. would have loved to apply to unis elsewhere even though I know I can't leave home just to get a reply from a more prestigious uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink lipstick)
    I regret applying to 3 high-risk unis
    Me too... worse still for medicine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.