Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend works with this girl who started to ***** about me to him also telling him to basically break up with me. When my boyfriend told me I obviously got upset and cried but I rarely ever cry. It made me feel like I was back in high school with a tonne of *****es. My boyfriend also sometimes gives her lifts to/from work he lives a few minutes from where they work and she lives a bit further (I don't know where obviously) whenever he brings her up in conversation it makes me mad as some girls at my college have told me to be weary about her as she has previously managed to split two other couples up!! Two!! I've known my boyfriend almost a year and the only time he has seen me cry is about this whole situation yet he doesn't seem a problem with it at the moment. It's making it worse that I'm not seeing him lately due to exams and stuff because he wants to revise (which I understand) but I see them talking over social networking sites and I thing I get jealous?? I've never felt this way before and I've certainly never hated anyone that I haven't met before :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If she's telling him to break up with you, and he's still communicating and meeting with her then the boys got problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That sounds terrible. I'd sit him down and tell him that after she has said this you don't feel comfortable with him associating with her outside of work (lifts and things). Talk to him about how you are feeling, and no you are not overreacting. When someone or something you love feels as if it is in jeopardy you have every right to be upset. Its natural

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think you are over-reacting, there was a period my boyfriend didn't talk to me after work as he was tired, which is understandable but then I found out he was conversing with other people, which made me upset, so I spoke to him and now we are fine
    So don't fret about feeling as if you are over-reacting and sit down and discuss it with him.

I hope it goes well

(Original post by Future African game vet)
    That sounds terrible. I'd sit him down and tell him that after she has said this you don't feel comfortable with him associating with her outside of work (lifts and things). Talk to him about how you are feeling, and no you are not overreacting. When someone or something you love feels as if it is in jeopardy you have every right to be upset. Its natural
    We have spoke about it and he thinks I'm over reacting he told me that 'he was allowed friends' in a really horrible tone. When we speak about it he makes me feel like I'm being completely unreasonable and that I'm a physco *****

ReputationRep:
    Your reaction is understandable, I suggest just sitting him down and talking to him about it calmy, explain how you feel etc. but bare in mind at the end of the day it is his descion as to whether his relationship with this girl continues, they work together so it would be hard for him to just stop talking to her, if you press it too much you might seem controlling and that may cause friction between you and you bf.
    Don't let her get to you or harm your relationship as that may be what she wants, also as a side note your bf not being botherd about the situation doesn't mean he doesn't care about how you feel or anything, he probbaly realises this girls just talking out of her ass so what she says doesn't register as important to him.
    Chin up and good luck =)

(Original post by MissNix)
    Your reaction is understandable, I suggest just sitting him down and talking to him about it calmy, explain how you feel etc. but bare in mind at the end of the day it is his descion as to whether his relationship with this girl continues, they work together so it would be hard for him to just stop talking to her, if you press it too much you might seem controlling and that may cause friction between you and you bf.
    Don't let her get to you or harm your relationship as that may be what she wants, also as a side note your bf not being botherd about the situation doesn't mean he doesn't care about how you feel or anything, he probbaly realises this girls just talking out of her ass so what she says doesn't register as important to him.
    Chin up and good luck =)
    Thanks so much. I think I will leave it now as I don't want to seem controlling and I think if I bring it up again I will:confused: he always seems a little distant with me when he's with her :/ but thanks a lot your message made me feel better

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.