Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    But as you as you log in again it reactivates?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how long I could last without facebook. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    But as you as you log in again it reactivates?
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've done that mainly because facebook is terrible and really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulphur)
    Whoah...this looks fun!
    Welcome to my procrastination thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I wonder how long I could last without facebook. :holmes:
    So far I have gone about 3 hours!

ReputationRep:
    I did this back in my A level days, ended up somehow subconsciously memorising the activation code and going back on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    I did this back in my A level days, ended up somehow subconsciously memorising the activation code and going back on it
    I wish I could be bothered to find out how block a website...

ReputationRep:
    congratz. Ive deactived FB for almost a month . Its mainly for revision of course but actually Im so tired of FB. Its becoming more and more boring. So since then I feel much more comfortable with my daily life. Im thinking about seriously stop using it

ReputationRep:
    deactivated a few days back for jan exams ... if not i would be checking it now and then !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah1313)
    It's been lovely speaking with you and thank you!
    I tried...nice talking to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exlunu)
    congratz. Ive deactived FB for almost a month . Its mainly for revision of course but actually Im so tired of FB. Its becoming more and more boring. So since then I feel much more comfortable with my daily life. Im thinking about seriously stop using it
    Haha thanks, yeah another reason I wanted to deactivate is because I am friends with a lot of people I don't know and like. I am thinking of just deleting my Facebook and creating a new one when I move with my life and go to uni. I have my reserves about completely quitting because it's my main source of communication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    :yep:
    So therefore it's a glorified 'log out' button?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    So therefore it's a glorified 'log out' button?
    Haha I just tested this out! How ridiculous! I am just going to change my password to random letters and hope I am too lazy to change it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I just deactivated!
    Good for you , if your friends want you they can just drop a text.

ReputationRep:
    Deactivating Facebook would literally change everyone's lives... it's crazy thesedays. But YES definitely - I've deactivated it for exams before. Or get your parents/a close friend to change your password and refuse to give it back to you until after the exams

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks, yeah another reason I wanted to deactivate is because I am friends with a lot of people I don't know and like. I am thinking of just deleting my Facebook and creating a new one when I move with my life and go to uni. I have my reserves about completely quitting because it's my main source of communication
    Im sorry I did mean to thump up but i clicked the neg one accidentally. Totally agree with you. Stop using FB seems to be hard while sometimes its the only way to contact someone. But yeah, ill wait until i have something new to my life or at lease I find somethig interesting there to activate. Do you use any other Social network?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Haha. I'm like that, I just filled out the form to get Facebook to completely delete it thinking That I was doing myself a huge favour... then I started using twitter as a substitute for Facebook, which is like 50x more addictive

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exlunu)
    Im sorry I did mean to thump up but i clicked the neg one accidentally. Totally agree with you. Stop using FB seems to be hard while sometimes its the only way to contact someone. But yeah, ill wait until i have something new to my life or at lease I find somethig interesting there to activate. Do you use any other Social network?
    It's okay! I was wondering why on a post like this I got negged haha yeah I had to activate it again as someone need chemistry resources sent to them, but I have not changed my password and will not be able to log on as I don't know the password
    No I don't really use any others I have twitter, I find it annoying though so I don't use it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.