does ignoring guys make them 'chase' more? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Only stalkers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Alpha - Yes
    Beta - No
    (Original post by Nice Marmite)
    Other way round.. It's beta guys that are constantly pining after women who are acting like they don't want them. Alpha guys just make it work and if it doesn't, no tears shed, move on to something else.
    This hierachy only exists in the minds of those deluded enough to believe in it. It says a lot that you guys aren't even agreed on what it means to be 'alpha' or 'beta'.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. In general, I'd say that if a guy doesn't think you're interested or if you play the 'ignore him' game he'll just be bored and not bother. Guys don't care for mind games.

ReputationRep:
    Erm no.

Well assuming I chased in the first place, if someone started ignoring me I would cease to be interested in them and wouldn't pay them any attention any more. They would just become one of the other 6.9 odd billion people that I inhabit the earth with . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    This hierachy only exists in the minds of those deluded enough to believe in it. It says a lot that you guys aren't even agreed on what it means to be 'alpha' or 'beta'.
    I just tell it how it is, bro. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Meh I was only going along with it for arguments sake.

ReputationRep:
    For the purposes of what im saying, I use the term 'chase' to mean be more interested in- not literally chase and nag like a loon...

iv learnt the following with both sexes:-

Ignoring will not make them chase you.

Making the effort and going out your way to talk to them will not make them chase you.

Being mean will not make them chase you.

Showing that you aren't needy, jealous, possessive or clingy does make them chase you.
    • TSR Support Team

I personally don't have time for a girl who wants to play childish games, I rather they be honest and straight up if they like me or not, if they play games I lose interest and look elsewhere. I had a situation like that once of a girl kept playing mind games and when I fell for another girl, the girl playing mind games was upset then admitted that she did like me afterall.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, as already said if you act un-interested then he will just presume you are.
    Who would want to try and talk to someone who seems completely uninterested in them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)
    x
    You stalked a girl who ignored you didn't you? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not abrasive or brash enough to keep coming on if a girl is showing all the wrong signs. I'll find someone more forthcoming.

ReputationRep:
    not ignoring BUT not devoting your entire life to guys- that becomes off putting.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't everyone just stop playing ****ing games?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    You stalked a girl who ignored you didn't you? :teehee:
    Nope I just don't like people throwing around the word stalker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)
    Nope I just don't like people throwing around the word stalker.
    Ahh, using your moniker.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy. You have to read the guy you're trying to seduce and work out what works with him. Personally, that strategy results in me walking away. I'm busy as it is and don't have time for **** like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    Why can't everyone just stop playing ****ing games?!
    This!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, only one guy has ever thought that, because I acted like I didn't fancy him, I probably did.

I didn't. It was therefore rather annoying.

You shouldn't play mind games, it's just irritating in the end. What if a girl acts like some sort of ice Queen, then eventually "allows" the guy to go out with her, and she isn't like that at all? Surely she'd have to pretend for the rest of the relationship that she's a *****, if that's what he wants in a girl?

How time consuming when the friendly folk are already getting it on.

ReputationRep:
    They will either think they have been friend-zoned or just think you're stuck up it definitely dosen't make someone more attractive

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really make me chase them if they ignore me, i just get frustrated and just convince myself that the girls not interested. However if there's a girl i like and she flirts with another guy purposely in front of me, i get jealous and try to do the same too her (only when i am sure she has some sort of an interest in me)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.